PDA

View Full Version : NE OH Gathering: August: 5-6-7, 2011

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8

Jeff Bannow
07-29-2011, 08:52 AM
Sorry about the Facebook limitation.

Letís step back to basics. Can we count noses? Who is coming and when? Who is camping?

The camping question has to do with a possible safety issue. There is a large tree balancing on another tree, about to fall over the entrance to the camping area. It is so precarious that without a logger's knowledge I am a little afraid to work on the widow maker. If not many are camping we may do an alternate and set up camp by the pond allowing time and storms to take down the tree. If a good number are camping we need to get out the hard hat, chains, Mother in law's full size tractor and saws.

Letís have a count of who is coming and who is camping please.

Thanks.

John

We will be there late Friday night and camping. We will have our little trailer, so we can sleep anywhere, including the parking area.

Shawn Dougherty
07-29-2011, 09:01 AM
We're planning on camping Saturday night, John. We will be in a small tent with minimal gear so not a big deal for us to carry stuff around if driving into the camping area is dangerous.

Lee L
07-29-2011, 09:05 AM
I plan to be there at least Sat and Sun, and perhaps Fri evening. I'll probably commute, but if I sleep over it will be topside in the van, not down in the camping field.

No big deal on the facebook thing, just thought you might want to know about accessibility.

Lee

jp80874
07-29-2011, 12:32 PM
Problem resolved. The driveway or grass trail to the camping area is open now. Chain, come along, ĺ” dock lines, pry bar, chain saw, AWD Toyota instead of tractor, shears, chain saw, ear plugs, hard hat and Dolly standing by the side of the car with her cell phone already dialed to 91. The hard part was convincing the dead tree to fall. Once on the ground it was just sweat.

It would be nice though to read who is coming. Dale, did you ever reach Bill and if so what were the results?

John

Lee L
07-29-2011, 12:38 PM
Chain, come along, ĺĒ dock lines, pry bar, chain saw, AWD Toyota instead of tractor, shears, chain saw, ear plugs, hard hat and Dolly standing by the side of the car with her cell phone already dialed to 91.
We want to see the photos. :)

Lee

jp80874
07-29-2011, 01:09 PM
We want to see the photos. :)

Lee

Dolly had her thumb over the cell phone lens.

John

ic-racer
07-29-2011, 05:01 PM
Problem resolved. The driveway or grass trail to the camping area is open now. Chain, come along, ĺ” dock lines, pry bar, chain saw, AWD Toyota instead of tractor, shears, chain saw, ear plugs, hard hat and Dolly standing by the side of the car with her cell phone already dialed to 91. The hard part was convincing the dead tree to fall. Once on the ground it was just sweat.

It would be nice though to read who is coming. Dale, did you ever reach Bill and if so what were the results?

John

His excuse this time is that the tap water is too hot to process film so he has no new work to show...and he already said yes to free lodging in Daytona Beach Fla. for the weekend. Being young and single, perhaps there is 'no contest' on that choice to ignore us again :).

jp80874
07-29-2011, 09:34 PM
Jeff B,

Dolly and I made a courtesy call on Country Maid Ice Cream tonight.
We certify it as being ready for your consumption.

Dolly & John

Jeff Bannow
07-30-2011, 09:52 AM
Jeff B,

Dolly and I made a courtesy call on Country Maid Ice Cream tonight.
We certify it as being ready for your consumption.

Dolly & John

I can almost taste it now .....

ic-racer
07-30-2011, 12:02 PM
I can almost taste it now .....

I'm going there today :p

Jeff Bannow
07-30-2011, 12:15 PM
I'm going there today :p

No fair! :(

mat4226
07-30-2011, 01:02 PM
Sorry about the Facebook limitation.

Letís step back to basics. Can we count noses? Who is coming and when? Who is camping?

Letís have a count of who is coming and who is camping please.

Thanks.

John

Hey John, looks like I'm flying solo, the girlfriend couldn't get off next weekend. I'll be coming down Friday night, setting up camp, and probably heading out early Sunday afternoon.

In the darkroom right now for my 2nd day of the carbon transfer process, just waiting on some glop to gas out, and making some Van Dyke Brown prints during my down-time. Should have "something" to show by next weekend. ^_^

jp80874
07-30-2011, 01:21 PM
Hey John, looks like I'm flying solo, the girlfriend couldn't get off next weekend. I'll be coming down Friday night, setting up camp, and probably heading out early Sunday afternoon.

In the darkroom right now for my 2nd day of the carbon transfer process, just waiting on some glop to gas out, and making some Van Dyke Brown prints during my down-time. Should have "something" to show by next weekend. ^_^

Get to work guys. This young man is making nice stuff. Lee, Dolly and I saw two of them in the six state FAVA regional show last spring.

John

mat4226
08-01-2011, 03:15 PM
Get to work guys. This young man is making nice stuff. Lee, Dolly and I saw two of them in the six state FAVA regional show last spring.

John

Thanks for the kind words, John. :)

Right now I'm up to 2 Van Dykes and 2 Carbon Transfers, should have a few more before the weekend arrives. *crosses fingers*

jp80874
08-01-2011, 04:02 PM
For the campers, please make sure that all food stuff is enclosed in a hard metal or plastic containers. We were surprised to see a coyote walking rapidly by the pond the other morning. We often hear them in packs hunting at night, but this was our first daylight sighting. It was larger than either of our Labradors and looked as muscular as Cindy.

John

Peter Spangenberg
08-01-2011, 10:26 PM
Packs of rogue muscular oversized (well fed) hunting coyotes. No one ever said large format was for the faint of heart.

djkloss
08-02-2011, 10:29 AM
For the campers, please make sure that all food stuff is enclosed in a hard metal or plastic containers. We were surprised to see a coyote walking rapidly by the pond the other morning. We often hear them in packs hunting at night, but this was our first daylight sighting. It was larger than either of our Labradors and looked as muscular as Cindy.

John

ok, I'm sorry I can't make it, I read this after I got your pm. anyway... coyotes?

jp80874
08-02-2011, 02:25 PM
ok, I'm sorry I can't make it, I read this after I got your pm. anyway... coyotes?

Yeah, the coyotes scared away the crocagators and elephants.

Sorry you wonít be with us. Hope you can make it next time.

John

jp80874
08-02-2011, 02:40 PM
Peter called and said that he can’t be here Sunday, so we will do his development by inspection demo Saturday. He says he will shoot a couple of pictures here to avoid the skeptics insinuating that he might set up perfect negatives that would ease the development by inspection process. Because of the number of people here and the limited space in the darkroom (11’x 13’) he will do two demos.

As part of the cat herding process, knowing that Shawn, Lyn, Lee and perhaps others will go out early Sunday, I’m going to suggest we have breakfast at 9:00 AM Saturday at the Richfield Family Restaurant. From there we can return for the demos.

We will have print showing Friday and Saturday evenings. Bring what you have printed or collected. Shawn and I have ordered the new Brett Weston biography. Shawn, if yours comes in time, please bring it to show and tell. I will show the latest Michael and Paula Smith, Brett Weston portfolio prints.

The porta Potty has been ordered. Thank you all again for last event’s contributions. The cost this time is the usual $111. 83. The contribution jar will be on the patio table gratefully awaiting your donations.

Thanks,

John & Dolly

Jeff Bannow
08-02-2011, 02:42 PM
I've got some prints I recently acquired that I will bring along.

Eva & I also printed some recent work that we will show.