PDA

View Full Version : NE OH Gathering: August: 5-6-7, 2011

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8

jp80874
08-05-2011, 01:59 PM
The irony of it.
The big rush was delayed until next week because Akron General Hospital switched to digital. They could have given her film to take to Cleveland Clinic if they still used it, but because they have switched to Digital (sort of) they can’t burn a CD until the first of next week.

Akron General couldn't see her unlil the 18th for further tests.
Cleveland Clinic could see her this afternoon if she had the CD
or next Tuesday IF she can get the CD from AG Monday.

Is this film v. digital or is it they just can't get their act together?

It does explain why I have all my medical appointments in Cleveland.

Rant from a frustrated John Powers

htimsdj
08-05-2011, 03:56 PM
Hi John -

I hope Dolly gets the care she needs.

My dad is in town, so I will not make it to dinner tonight. I probably will not make it to breakfast Saturday either, but I'll try to head to your place before the demos are over. If plans change, and someone doesn't mind calling or texting me, that would be great: four four zero - two nine two - seven zero nine four

thanks, Jeff

ic-racer
08-05-2011, 04:37 PM
John, I'm glad to help out if there is anything I can do.

I'm off work early (for me) and could meet up with the group for dinner. If anyone sees this could you PM me with the location and time. Or leave a note on the door.

Thanks, see you all tonight or tomorrow.

jp80874
08-06-2011, 06:38 AM
Dale,

Sorry. I didn't read this until Sat. morning. Thank you for your offer. So far the help we need has been in Akron and we haven't gotten it. She is scheduled at the Clinic for Tuesday AM if we get images Monday to take there Tuesday.

John

jp80874
08-06-2011, 11:41 AM
Saturday at 12:50 PM we are headed to New Era Restaurant 10 Massillion Rd Akron, OH
330-784-0087.

Then we are going to
Akron Art Museum (330) 376-9185 – Fax: 330.376.1180 Email: mailremove this text@AkronArtMuseum.org
70 East Market St Akron, OH 44308, Arnold Tunstall Registrar
Hours: Tuesday - Sunday: 11 am - 5 pm; Thursday: 11 am - 9 pm; Closed Monday
Admission
Adult: $7
Student (with valid ID): $5
Senior (65+): $5

We should be back here around 5 PM

John & Dolly

jp80874
08-06-2011, 05:13 PM
Saturday 6:15 PM

Tentatively meet back at our house 7 PM Saturday.
If it is possible that anyone is hungry after the gastronomic debauchery at the New Era, the three Musketeers is a mile away.

If not, it is on to print and collection showing.

Shawn, I hope you and Lynn are safe and catch up with us around the print table.

John & Dolly

ic-racer
08-06-2011, 10:43 PM
Here is the link to the 5x7 Elwood enlarger in Berea, it looks like it is pretty nice (its not being stored outside!): http://cleveland.craigslist.org/pho/2532396428.html

I'll bet one of the carbon or alt printers could figure out how to put this 300W sunlamp bulb in there and and do some platinum, carbon or Azo enlargements :http://www.bulborama.com/300R-E27-ULTRA-VITALUX-OSRAM-SUN-LAMP-TANNING-BULB-230-VOLTS-300-WATTS-p711.html

Lee L
08-08-2011, 06:21 AM
Very special thanks again to John and Dolly for making a very nice weekend possible for all of us, even when dealing with their own trials.

Thanks also to Peter for the great demonstration and for showing us some excellent new places to shoot. And to everyone else, thanks for the great company and fine work shown.

Lee

jp80874
08-08-2011, 06:34 AM
Thanks Lee. Thanks also to Peter for a great demo, beautifully prepared and executed. It was fun to see everyone, see and hear what they were doing and make future plans. Glad we had new people adding their work and enthusiasm. Come on back. Hope we can get some missing persons from PA back again at future events.

John & Dolly

Jeff Bannow
08-08-2011, 07:14 AM
Very special thanks again to John and Dolly for making a very nice weekend possible for all of us, even when dealing with their own trials.

Thanks also to Peter for the great demonstration and for showing us some excellent new places to shoot. And to everyone else, thanks for the great company and fine work shown.

Lee

We concur. It was a great time as always, and it was good to see new faces among our friendly group. Thanks again John!

Jeff Bannow
08-08-2011, 07:35 AM
PS: Anyone ever been to Squire's Castle? Looks like it might be an interesting place to shoot next time.

mat4226
08-08-2011, 07:56 AM
Thanks again John & Dolly for hosting a great weekend! Got to see everybody's fine work, burn 10 sheets of film, and even mess around with the dangerously addictive 7x17.

PS: Anyone ever been to Squire's Castle? Looks like it might be an interesting place to shoot next time.

Been there a bunch of times. It's fun, kind of cliche for photos, and will most likely be riddled with kids & families no matter when you choose to go. It's a very popular weekend picnic/recreation/photo spot in the metroparks.

daleeman
08-08-2011, 08:00 AM
The family reunion in Hocking Hills was wonderful. Too bad I missed you all, Dolly & John does a great job of hosting.

Jeff,
I've been to Squire's Castle, unique place, I'd rather be in Scotland but for Ohio it's not bad. Early might be nice without all the tourists.

Jeff Bannow
08-08-2011, 08:25 AM
Thanks guys. Sounds like it could be an interesting spot, or a complete bust.

jp80874
08-08-2011, 08:35 AM
....even mess around with the dangerously addictive 7x17.

I sent Mat home with Clyde Rogers' For sale ad from the LF Forum for a Canham 7x17, six SS filmholders and some other stuff all previously owned by Sandy King. That should cause some sleepless nights. I told him I only waited fifty years for mine. I have noticed that for some unexplained reason that well meant comment does not lead to greater patience in anyone.

Glad you all were here.

John & Dolly

Shawn Dougherty
08-08-2011, 08:35 AM
Very sorry to have missed you Saturday. I had to drop off work for a juried show Saturday afternoon in Warren (which I had thought was next weekend). We made a quick detour to Nelson's Ledges on the way over and it started pouring rain so we stopped at Peter's friend "Randall's" in Garretsville for food - he gave us the boot because reservations are now required on weekends! So... we ended up at the Brewery in the old mill next door and the rain never stopped. We wussed out and headed back home... :redface: It was our loss as I regret not seeing everyone's new work!

The good news is that both of my 4x5 prints were accepted in the show at Warren (http://www.trumbullartgallery.com/)... I had not entered or otherwise shown anything this year so was glad to have something to put on the resume.

I'm planning on a fall sunrise shoot or two at Nelson Ledges once it cools down a bit so I'll be sure to post when I'm going in case any of the locals want to join me. (We've done this before and had a great time.) Maybe we can make reservations for lunch at Randall's again!

ic-racer
08-08-2011, 10:17 AM
Things keep getting better, new faces, carbon prints, more Atget, development by inspection, new ice cream place....Thanks John and Dolly!

Peter Spangenberg
08-08-2011, 01:57 PM
Thanks John and Dolly for hosting another great event. I was only there Saturday, but that was quite a bit of activity to do in one day-very nice!

mjs
08-08-2011, 08:19 PM
I'm sorry to have missed it but got stuck in the SQL Server upgrade from hell. :( Hopefully next time...

Mike

jp80874
08-08-2011, 08:31 PM
I'm sorry to have missed it but got stuck in the SQL Server upgrade from hell. :( Hopefully next time...

Mike

Sorry Mike. We missed you.
We are tentatively planning the next gathering for Fri 9/30, Sat 10/ 1 and Sunday
!0/2. Hope you and all the rest can make it.

John & Dolly