PDA

View Full Version : BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE ROUND 14 (BPX14) - STATUS AND UPDATES

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

anikin
11-02-2011, 12:45 PM
I just mailed my print. I hope I'm not too late. The extra-long schedule of BPX wakes a procrastinator in me...

hpulley
11-06-2011, 06:04 PM
No, you aren't too late. Thanks for the update! We can mail them this month and I agree the time is almost too long but this is my first time trying to run it.

Ken Nadvornick
11-06-2011, 11:53 PM
My print is in the mail!

Your print arrived in my mail!

A fleeting moment of intensity caught with an unexpectedly substantial piece of equipment. An RB67 on a monopod is not exactly the first choice for blending discreetly into the background. Especially when a slightly wide angle 90mm lens is mounted. Yet you used both to excellent effect!

Your subject gives no hint whatsoever that he even senses your presence. His piercing glare is perfectly caught and sharp, made more significant by the slow shutter speed blurring of the figures in motion behind him. The look is of someone not to be messed with, at least at that particular moment. Yet he could not have been unaware of what you were doing just a few feet away. Well done.

I like this photograph a lot. So did my wife. Would you have any objection if I wanted to mount it for display? I have a growing set of work from earlier BPEs and this one needs to join the others.

Thanks Mark!

Ken

Ken Nadvornick
11-06-2011, 11:59 PM
Now I must get my act together and get into my darkroom. My negative is selected and is sitting there waiting for my attention. But time has been very tight. I'm working two different software dev jobs right now while also attending a separate nine-month certification course, so any free time is at a premium and I'm running a bit late Harry. I will get it done, though...

Ken

markbarendt
11-07-2011, 08:19 AM
Thanks for the glowing report Ken! Yes you are very welcome to display it.

One thing that I have found about photographing socially is that "hiding" isn't the magic. It is about breaking the ice and then getting in where you need to be for the shot you want.

This train is a tourist attraction, the ice was broken for the employees the very first day they worked at the train. The tourists with cameras though haven't broken their own ice, probably 15-20 of them were 10-40 feet back and shooting wide; the tourists are generally afraid to approach and enamored more by the whole experience than the details.

Shooting weddings is similar; break the ice early and get to the point where everybody ignores you so yo can do what you need to do.

hpulley
11-08-2011, 08:17 AM
I just need to get off my own butt and mail mine. Hopefully the paper size won't mean a silly postage cost...

markbarendt
11-13-2011, 03:24 PM
Got Eugene Anikin's "No Fishing".

Fun IR shot with about a zillion shades of white.

The combination of snow on the mountains, clouds, and IR turning the green stuff white makes for one very wintry impression.

great work Eugene.

thanks,

Mark

Laurent
11-18-2011, 07:31 AM
Sorry for being late on acknowledging the reception of a print. I've got a nice iceberg view, and realize I've just lost the name of the sender (which were only on the mailer...).

Anyway, thanks for this ! I like the way you captured the sea's movement, and also the rocks in the foreground which "echo" the berg.

anikin
11-18-2011, 10:42 AM
Thank you Mark for your kind words. I'm glad you like the image. I was really worried you might have a
hard time pulling that print from the postal tube, unfortunately that was my only option at the post office
to mail the print of this size.

Mike Hiscock
11-18-2011, 08:40 PM
Sorry for being late on acknowledging the reception of a print. I've got a nice iceberg view, and realize I've just lost the name of the sender (which were only on the mailer...).

Anyway, thanks for this ! I like the way you captured the sea's movement, and also the rocks in the foreground which "echo" the berg.
Iím glad you got it. I thought that I had put a note with some information on it. The photo was taken in Twillingate, Newfoundland during the tail end of hurricane Irene.

markbarendt
11-18-2011, 10:03 PM
Thank you Mark for your kind words. I'm glad you like the image. I was really worried you might have a hard time pulling that print from the postal tube, unfortunately that was my only option at the post office to mail the print of this size.

Worked great.

Laurent
11-30-2011, 03:23 AM
Sorry for the long silence... my print is now made (hope it was worth the wait, I finally decided it was time to try Ilfobrom Galerie and am quite happy with this paper's look !). It should go before the end of this week.

Cheers !

BirgerA
11-30-2011, 04:37 AM
Hi all

Life has sort of gotten in the way of printing, but hopefully I should be able to get things together within a week. I will therefore be a little delayed, but hopefully not too much.

hpulley
12-01-2011, 07:02 PM
I finally sent mine last night, overnight UPS in an attempt for the organizer to try and send it before it was late. No word here so I will check UPS.

Sorry I have been MIA. I will look over the replies now and put together a summary of who has sent and received.

Ken Nadvornick
12-01-2011, 09:06 PM
Harry,

I'm running late, but have not - and won't - just disappear. I haven't missed a BPE print yet. But right now two jobs combined with evening certificate classes have squeezed pretty hard. Still, after Dec 8th time should free up enough to get it out before Christmas.

Ken

hpulley
12-01-2011, 10:46 PM
Thanks for the update, Ken. I understand about work being busy.

sage
12-02-2011, 01:52 PM
I'm hoping to get mine in the mail soon too, everythings ready to go, just been busy with work :/ I did get some awesome prints though. :)

JNaetke
12-03-2011, 12:22 PM
I'm happy to report:
I sent my print out today, with a little note inside. It will in arrive in 2 weeks or so.
It is a 24*30cm print mounted to museo board and was split-toned in sepia and selenium.
I didn't write down my nickname (just my full name), but it's pretty self-explanatory (Jannis Nštke=jnaetke)

Good vibrations to the recipient, hopefully you will like the print!

hpulley
12-04-2011, 10:01 AM
Thanks for the update, Jannis!

Still need to do my summary.

hpulley
12-04-2011, 10:26 AM
An update then:

Sent:
piu58
puptent
Katie
markbarendt
Mike Hiscock
anakin
hpulley
JNaetke

Received:
Katie
paul_c4x
Ken Nadvornick
markbarendt
Laurent
JohnMeadows

Have I missed any sent or received notices? If so, please let me know here or in PM.