PDA

View Full Version : BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE ROUND 14 (BPX14) - STATUS AND UPDATES

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

hpulley
08-01-2011, 02:23 AM
Well, Here we are again! Remember that the exchange time period is August-November. December will be rest and we will have the round 15 signup in January.

Here is the roster. I will be generating PM's shortly though inconveniently I'm on vacation this week so if you don't get a PM right away, don't worry as I will get them out this week for sure. Do not send your print until Monday 8 August to allow for address corrections just in case, heaven forbid, I screwed something up or someone moved since they sent their address and forgot to tell me. Your PM will also contain your own address; please check it and notify me at once if it is incorrect or out of date.

1. markbarendt
2. hpulley
3. Christopher Walrath
4. ghostcount
5. piu58
6. bill williams
7. dfoo
8. Laurent
9. lorirfrommontana
10. puptent
11. Johnmeadows
12. Black Dog
13. anikin
14. paul_c5x4
15. Ken Nadvornick
16. hankins27
17. ccross
18. JNaetke
19. Katie
20. Mike Hiscock
21. BirgerA
22. sage

Now get printing or shooting ;)

Christopher Walrath
08-03-2011, 06:27 PM
Cool. I get to play with my new darkroom. FINALLY!

hpulley
08-06-2011, 04:57 PM
I need to get back under the safelights myself, been a while for some strange reason (been developing but not printing, hmm). These exchanges are great for getting me back in there.

I am back from vacation and have at last sent out the assignment PMs; sorry it is late, the wi-fi was very poor last week. Please let me know if you did NOT receive one or if your address is incorrect.

Christopher Walrath
08-06-2011, 10:21 PM
Just got my darkroom, well, almost situated. FINALLY! This will be the perfect way to break her in.

JimO
08-10-2011, 11:55 AM
i guess i missed something... is it to late to get included in bpx14?

hpulley
08-10-2011, 12:48 PM
Sorry Jim, the sign up period ended July 31.

puptent
08-12-2011, 09:33 AM
I'm pretty amped to be participating in BPX! I've been working very long hours this summer and have been too tired to do much other than eat, sleep, work, mow... Today just happens to be a down day and I have the time to get my BPX in the mail today. I will even try to catch up on my gallery viewing and maybe post some of the cyanotypes I made when I had a little time in early July. Thanks, hpulley, for the time and effort you've put in that makes this possible!!!

hpulley
08-15-2011, 08:26 PM
I like these exchanges as they sometimes get me back into the darkroom when I'm in a creative funk. At the moment I'm developing film, trying to pick a negative to start making some working prints to see if I like them. I was thinking about some Kodak Aerial color infrared but the RA-4 prints are proving to be tough to find a filter pack. At this point I'm leaning toward good old B&W.

Katie
08-16-2011, 02:27 PM
Received three GLORIOUS prints from Germany.

FIRST - I inspected the wording on the package, as I am like a child and excited with international packaging.
SECOND - I save the postage for my son's collection (he is like a child, too - err, wait, he is a child).
THIRD - GASP and oooh and ahhh over the three prints that are just gorgeous scenic masterpieces.
FOURTH - realize that I might disappoint my recipient with the crap that I'm churning out (in comparison to what I've received).
FIFTH - go out and immediately buy a square frame to proudly display my new international artwork.

I am so giddy!!!!

PS. I am not sure what username Mr. Pilz is, but would like someone to point him out to me so that I can stalk his work and ask him how to make such beautiful prints. :)

hpulley
08-16-2011, 03:05 PM
An update then:

Sent:
piu58

Received:
Katie

piu58
08-16-2011, 11:16 PM
Dear Katie,

I am delighted to see that you please my prints. The first and most important reason for BPX is to give joy.

Christopher Walrath
08-17-2011, 12:15 PM
Darkroom is pretty much ready to roll. Might just do some work this weekend or next. Can hardly wait to break it in. Must choose some negs.

paul_c5x4
08-17-2011, 03:47 PM
Received two cyanotypes from puptent this morning (postie got me out of bed) - Haven't had a chance to have a close look at them yet. Hopefully get time over the weekend.

JimO
08-21-2011, 09:05 AM
so enjoyed bpx13 and got a really wonderful print from from jim rhoades... lost track of my emails and missed bpx14, so i will vicariously enjoy each of your prints as i follow comments here...
have fun ... looking forward to 15!!!! i'll pay attention!:laugh:

hpulley
08-21-2011, 10:20 PM
Sorry that some missed the sign-up!

A reminder that you can upload a scan of your print(s) to the member function print exchange gallery, preferably after the recipient has received them.

hpulley
08-23-2011, 09:56 AM
I've chosen negatives and started printing! Probably take a while until I'm satisfied and done but at least I've begun...

hpulley
09-03-2011, 05:50 PM
Assuming I still love them when they're dry I think I have final prints ready. Must consider toning and other final prep.

I hope others are also coming along with their prints. Updates would be nice :)

markbarendt
09-03-2011, 07:31 PM
I've been working but not finished yet.

hpulley
09-03-2011, 08:00 PM
Thanks, Mark.

Christopher Walrath
09-03-2011, 08:12 PM
Hurricaine, cleanup and week off with the kids before back to school. Not yet.

But soon...