PDA

View Full Version : Photostock 2012 - The Circus Continues!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15

chippewa309
06-06-2012, 09:11 PM
Your father sounds exactly like mine. He hated most anything outdoors. But to his credit, he was a game guy and took us camping with scouts and never complained. I, on the other hand love all the outdoors stuff my father hated. I just made my reservation at Petoskey S.P.

jp80874
06-07-2012, 07:02 AM
It wasn’t about hate. My father just wasn’t interested. As I have aged many of my interests have changed. Sailing 9 foot waves and 30 knot winds on Lake Erie went from fun and exciting at age 30 to, "Wow that hurts," at age 57. Now I am an old guy with a power boat and a baby jogger for his 7x17. But, it beats the alternative.

Enjoy your camping. I certainly did.

John

billschwab
06-07-2012, 05:21 PM
Hello All,

This is the last call for the special offer of Andrew Moore's book to have signed at the event. I'll be placing the order for the lot tomorrow, so you still have time. You can order at the following link, but only if you are coming to the event to pick it up in person. No shipping available for this.

I'm sure Andrew will thank you for the great response!

http://www.photostock2012.com/andrew_moore.html

Bill

zsas
06-08-2012, 08:46 AM
Ok folks the 15 day forecast now includes the 21st and 22nd....it's saying high mid 70's. If it will rain or shine, well that isn't really much repeating bc I am sure the odds of it being right are unlikely, but the temp is prob more stable. Mid 70's sounds perfect to me!

Toffle
06-08-2012, 09:55 AM
Ok folks the 15 day forecast now includes the 21st and 22nd....it's saying high mid 70's. If it will rain or shine, well that isn't really much repeating bc I am sure the odds of it being right are unlikely, but the temp is prob more stable. Mid 70's sounds perfect to me!

...with some early morning mists would be nice as well... (Wishful thinking... the good company and beverages of Phototstock tend to keep me up far too late to catch anything that would be regarded as early morning. :whistling:)

Dan Henderson
06-09-2012, 02:10 PM
Folks, we have definitely made The Big Time. I was just on the Birchwood website and noticed Photostock listed on their calendar of events. Although it could be as a warning to the other people who might want to stay there and actually sleep at night!

Does anyone recall if the Birchwood has washers & dryers? I'm packing pretty light due to my mode of transportation and may need to freshen up the unmentionables...

mjs
06-10-2012, 05:09 PM
Folks, we have definitely made The Big Time. I was just on the Birchwood website and noticed Photostock listed on their calendar of events. Although it could be as a warning to the other people who might want to stay there and actually sleep at night!

Does anyone recall if the Birchwood has washers & dryers? I'm packing pretty light due to my mode of transportation and may need to freshen up the unmentionables...

They have a lake just across the road... :whistling:

Mike

chippewa309
06-12-2012, 10:40 AM
If they don't have anything at the Birchwood, Google shows laundromats in nearby Bayview and Alanson.

billschwab
06-14-2012, 02:55 PM
Hello!

A newsletter was just sent, but I'll post this here as well...

I have worked out a rough schedule for us, but anyone who has been in the past knows this could change. If I've learned anything from 6 years of Photostock is that it can be like herding cats at times, so I hope everyone coming will just roll with it in true Photostock spirit and have a great time.

Photostock 2012 Schedule (http://www.photostock2012.com/photostock2012_schedule_2.pdf)

This year you'll notice that there are no organized shooting excursions planned other than a a potential shoot at the Fort in Mackinaw City, but details are still developing on this. By this time, most people seem to know where their favorite spots are and others that haven't been seem to always fall in with the right "veterans" who show them around. Rest assure there will be a lot of photography going on and there are plenty of places to go.

I'm looking forward to seeing everyone at the Birchwood!

Bill

mjs
06-14-2012, 06:54 PM
A week from now I'll be at the Birchwood. Confirmed my reservation today and I'm starting to get excited! Sandy (my wife) is thinking about coming with me; she thinks that she might enjoy a weekend in the great northern woods. This could be the best Photostock ever! ;)

Mike

billschwab
06-15-2012, 07:59 AM
Got last minute word that someone had dropped out leaving an open room at the Birchwood. Not sure if it is still available, but you might want to give them a try if you've tried to get a room there.

www.birchwoodinn.com (http://www.birchwoodinn.com)

billschwab
06-15-2012, 08:04 AM
Word from Jim Lemay is that the shoot at the fort is on. Those wanting to go should meet in the Birchwood Inn lobby on Friday, June 22 at 9:00am then drive to Fort Michilmackinac (http://www.mackinacparks.com/fort-mackinac/). You'll have until around 1:00PM at the fort and then can either return to the hotel or explore your way back along the straits and lakeshore.

Thanks for organizing this, Jim!

Jerry Basierbe
06-15-2012, 08:13 AM
I'm just looking forward to getting back up there again for a few days. Can't wait!!!!!!!

Jerry

zsas
06-15-2012, 08:25 AM
Likewise Jerry!

The weather continues to look bliss....

http://i541.photobucket.com/albums/gg361/47Frogs/photo-69.png

markos
06-15-2012, 09:49 AM
Thanks for the note about the room, Bill, I jumped on it. Now I won't be exiled to Petoskey on Friday and Saturday.

A number of people have mentioned they're arriving early - I'll be there starting Tuesday, so I'll look for you all.

Mark

Jerry Basierbe
06-15-2012, 10:04 AM
Hey Mark, Looking forward to seeing you again. I did mention earlier that I would be on Tuesday, but things changed and won't be there until Thursday now.
Should be at the Birchwood around noon.

Jerry

Thanks for the note about the room, Bill, I jumped on it. Now I won't be exiled to Petoskey on Friday and Saturday.

A number of people have mentioned they're arriving early - I'll be there starting Tuesday, so I'll look for you all.

Mark

Axle
06-15-2012, 10:27 AM
Should all go according to plan I should be rolling into my Hotel around 5:30-6:00pm on the Wed, and be around on the Thursday morning!

Five days to departure...

Andrew Moxom
06-15-2012, 12:32 PM
I'll be rolling into the Birchwood around noon-ish on Wednesday after driving through the night from MN.... I also hear that Steve Zimmerman had to back out due to some other committments unfortunately. So we need some folks with some singing and guitar skills..I'll be bringing a guitar, but am not anywhere close to being in the same league as Steve... And as for singing... Hell no!

Toffle
06-15-2012, 12:49 PM
I also hear that Steve Zimmerman had to back out due to some other committments unfortunately. So we need some folks with some singing and guitar skills..I'll be bringing a guitar, but am not anywhere close to being in the same league as Steve... And as for singing... Hell no!

ACK!!! Say it isn't so. :(

As for me, I'll be rolling in sometime Thursday. I'll be bringing along my brother in law, so I won't have room for much besides my camera gear. (We tossed a coin between his Mini and my Alfa, and the Mini won.) He'll be coming off a 16hr shift at Beaumont Hosp in Detroit, so I can't predict when we'll get on the road.

Looking forward to seeing everyone. Sounds like a pretty good crowd.

Cheers,
Tom

ishutteratthethought
06-15-2012, 03:00 PM
I'll be rolling into the Birchwood around noon-ish on Wednesday after driving through the night from MN.... I also hear that Steve Zimmerman had to back out due to some other committments unfortunately. So we need some folks with some singing and guitar skills..I'll be bringing a guitar, but am not anywhere close to being in the same league as Steve... And as for singing... Hell no!

Yes I have had a change in schedule so I will not be attending this years Photostock…I am bummed….. however this will give me more time to write a song about APUG’s faithful for Photostock 2013!
Ya’ll have a great time. I will be buying some Oberon next week, that'll help.
Bill, don’t forget the banjitar:)

Hope to see some of you this fall on the North Shore of Lake Superior.
Take Care,
Steve