PDA

View Full Version : Photostock 2012 - The Circus Continues!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15

Dan Henderson
06-16-2012, 03:28 PM
Dang, it just won't be the same without wild man Zimmerman. But we'll drink up his share of Ob!

I'm in Indiana right now, heading to Holland Wednesay then on to the Bwood Thursday am with a noon era.

jp80874
06-17-2012, 08:25 AM
Facebook says our Dan Henderson has a birthday coming up on Friday. Now there is a good reason for a party.

Happy Birthday Dan.

John Powers

bill schwab
06-17-2012, 06:21 PM
Bill, don’t forget the banjitar:)Already got it here, Steve. Damn.... I'm gonna miss you. Sorry you can't make it.

We had a great, all night rain last night up here that left everything nice and fresh and lush. It was dangerously dry here, so this will be a big help. My boat had about 4 inches of rain in it this morning, so we got a lot. Hopefully the great weather will hold until the weekend. It's now beautiful... 70 and sunny.

As for room at the Birchwood, I hear that one more room might be available, so anyone interested, give a call to see.

Dan's birthday?! This could be dangerous.

Panoman617
06-18-2012, 07:14 AM
I'll be getting up to the Birchwood around 1:00pm on Thursday to see what's up. Looking forword to haveing a great time!!!

chippewa309
06-18-2012, 07:53 AM
Does anybody know if they have wifi at the Birchwood?

Jerry Basierbe
06-18-2012, 08:09 AM
My boat had about 4 inches of rain in it this morning, so we got a lot.

That's the wrong side of the boat. :D

Axle
06-18-2012, 10:04 AM
Does anybody know if they have wifi at the Birchwood?

Yes, there is free wifi through the entire hotel.

wildbill
06-18-2012, 11:36 AM
I'm heading up wednesday late morning in time for my mom's fried whitefish dinner.
Bill, pull the plug on the boat but don't forget to put it back in. We've all done that at least once. We launched at sturgeon bay once when I was a kid and didn't realize it until we were a hundred yards from short. My dad played it cool and gunned it to get the water out while he fumbled around under the seats looking for the plug.

Mayfair710
06-18-2012, 02:54 PM
just to let everyone know...i am cancelling my reservation at the birchwood in today (4pm) if anyone is looking for a room...i have a room reserved for friday and saturday night with one queen bed.
am going to call now...
~~marianne

Mayfair710
06-18-2012, 02:55 PM
that is INN, not in...

SuzanneR
06-18-2012, 04:16 PM
I'm sorry you won't be able to come Marianne, I was so looking forward to meeting you, but you and your family are in my thoughts, hope all is going well.

Toffle
06-18-2012, 07:19 PM
just to let everyone know...i am cancelling my reservation at the birchwood in today (4pm) if anyone is looking for a room...i have a room reserved for friday and saturday night with one queen bed.
am going to call now...
~~marianne

Marianne, we are hoping for the very best for you. I will miss you there. Any places you'd like me to shoot for you?

Axle
06-18-2012, 08:25 PM
Camera gear packed!

zsas
06-18-2012, 08:32 PM
^Chemistry? Do you do wet plate?

Andrew Moxom
06-18-2012, 08:56 PM
Andy.... Yes.... I do... I shot a plate of you last year if you remember....

zsas
06-18-2012, 09:10 PM
Yep I remember you Andy, look forward to chatting again, do you have the wet plate packed or you doing film, or I bet both - might as well have your cake and eat it too! I loved watching the plate folks photograph and running about to the chems!

Andrew Moxom
06-18-2012, 10:42 PM
I'll be shooting film and wet plate again.

Axle
06-19-2012, 05:07 AM
^Chemistry? Do you do wet plate?

No, no wet plate yet. But yes, chemistry but just for regular b/w film development....Ilfosol 3 and HC-110 is coming along.

bill schwab
06-19-2012, 10:33 AM
Speaking of chemistry...

I have to ask that those that bring any with them (Wet Platers especially) not use them in their rooms. Last year we had a few people working with silver nitrate in their rooms and there were 2 rooms with stains left that could not be removed. The people at the Birchwood have been really great with us and I don't want to jeopardize that relationship. Last year they let it slide, but this year people will be held responsible for any cleaning or damage done as a result of working with chems in the rooms.

If you need to mix anything, feel free to ask for use of my darkroom trailer. You can stain that up as much as you want!

bill schwab
06-19-2012, 10:47 AM
Some of you might be aware of my publishing imprint, North Light Press, and the series of books I am doing called the "11+1 Signature Series" I wanted to mention that book #6 in the series is our own Marianne Priest's "The Longing". Like all of the 11+1 series, it contains a beautiful little lith print made by Marianne's own hand.

I've been trying to time everything so that the book would be released for Photostock, but delays were making that seem like an impossible task. However, I am happy to report that I received an advanced copy yesterday and the printer has specially shipped some copies to the Birchwood as well so that we at Photostock will be the first to see the book.

Unfortunately, as Marianne has mentioned in this thread, she will not be staying with us this year for personal reasons, but she did mention to me that she may drive up to spend part of Friday with us. If so, she will be able to sign and number the copies we receive and they will be available for anyone interested to take home. If she is unable to make it, you will be able to have a copy held for you and shipped when she is able to sign the complete edition of 100 books.

Here's to Marianne and a beautiful book!!! Congratulations! I'm honored to have it as part of the collection and can't thank her enough for being a part of the project.

Our thoughts are with you and your family, Marianne!!!