PDA

View Full Version : Photostock 2012 - The Circus Continues!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15

deisenlord
06-19-2012, 12:59 PM
My best thoughts are with you and your family Marianne. I also have my mom working with the "big guy" as he and I aren't really on speaking terms.

billschwab
06-19-2012, 07:02 PM
Only a matter of hours now.

On my way back up in the morning. I'll be getting in later in the afternoon before heading over to the airport to pick-up Stoo Batchelor in the evening. I'll look for the early arrivals and get some things set up. I'll keep tabs on the thread and my email when I can, but if you really need me, leave a message at the desk of the Birchwood and I'll get it.

Speaking of the Birchwood, I stopped by there the other day and they're all ready for us. Said we'd be easy after last weekend's teen soccer tournament. I told them not to be so sure. In any event, they've got a brand new fire circle for our use and the pool was looking refreshing. Everyone there is great and will answer whatever questions you have about the place. Sit back, relax and we'll see you soon.

markos
06-19-2012, 09:25 PM
I arrived at the Birchwood this afternoon. I was last here four years ago, it's good to be back. I'm looking forward to seeing everyone in the next few days.

Mark

Mark Fisher
06-19-2012, 09:59 PM
Bringing my bike.....and pictures and a few cameras. Really looking forward to seeing everyone.

zsas
06-20-2012, 10:16 PM
Safe travels all, be up north by late afternoon Thurs, quite exited!

Looks like a beautiful one too...
http://i541.photobucket.com/albums/gg361/47Frogs/1a8d0460.jpg

Axle
06-21-2012, 05:57 AM
Ah that was a long day yesterday but a beautiful drive. Looking forward to meeting everyone this afternoon. If you see an ontario plated cavalier running around the area, that's me!

Toffle
06-23-2012, 11:24 PM
Best
Photostock
Ever
Many thanks to Bill, Andrew, James, Suzanne, all the presenters and all the participants. It was such an honour to be present at the unofficial release of Marianne's book.

So many old friendships renewed, and new ones forged. Who would have thought that two kegs of Oberon would vanish so quickly?
Photostock 2013 cannot come soon enough.

Cheers,
Tom

ishutteratthethought
06-24-2012, 06:01 AM
Photostock 2013 cannot come soon enough.

Cheers,
Tom[/QUOTE]

I agree!! You can bet DAMN-SURE I will be there next year, glad you had a great time Tom,
Steve

Axle
06-24-2012, 03:40 PM
I had a blast! And will be sure to come back for 2013! (And will hopefully have a 4x5 at that point).

eclarke
06-24-2012, 04:40 PM
Ha, two kegs of big O..I could have had a blast...

jmxphoto
06-24-2012, 06:22 PM
Big thanks to Bill for another wonderful event. Looking forward to next year and maybe a North Shore event if I can break away for that. Here's the group shot from Saturday:

Dan Henderson
06-24-2012, 06:32 PM
My Fatboy, "Holga Davidson," and I made it south of Columbus, Ohio on the way home to Roanoke. During the ride I spent a lot of time thinking about what made this, in the opinion of a charter member of Photostock and attendee at every one, the best Photostock ever. In no particular order:

1. The number of new attendees who brought their enthusiasm.
2. The "keynote" programs. It was great to listen to Suzanne Revy talk about her photographs of her children.
3. The presentations of our own Mark Fisher and James Mullineaux; with James' program made even better with Xana's (sp?) comments from the model's point of view.
4. The fascinating discussion that followed Andrew Moore's excellent presentation.
5. The Oberon.
6. The behavior of a certain young woman who shall remain nameless following excessive consumption of red wine.
7. And most importantly, the selfless time, energy, and work that Bill Schwab expends.

I am certain that others of you can add to this list.

I feel blessed to have been a part of this event, and to have the friendship of so many great people and inspiring photographers. Thank you all.
Dan

SuzanneR
06-24-2012, 08:33 PM
Dan... I'm pleased you enjoyed my work, it was a real pleasure to share it with everyone there. I had a fantastic weekend, and I just want to thank Bill for all his hard work, I'm feeling inspired, and I can't wait to get the film I shot there into the soup!!

Darkroom317
06-24-2012, 11:57 PM
Just made it home. I had an amazing time. It was very fun and it was the most informative and inspiring event I have ever been to. Sorry, I could not be around for the some of the demonstrations and presentations as well as the late night fun. But, now that I know what to expect, I can plan much better for next year. Staying in Pellston is hell! I can't wait for Photostock 2013. Thank you Bill and everyone else for such an enjoyable weekend.

Kris

markos
06-25-2012, 06:36 AM
I had a great time - many thanks to Bill for another wonderful edition of Photostock. The presentations were all very inspirational, and gave me a lot of ideas. It was great to spend time with old and new friends, and see all of the outstanding work. The only bad part of it is that now I'm going to spend some energy resisting their desire to start doing wet plate!

Mark

Dan Henderson
06-25-2012, 01:20 PM
Irony: riding 800 miles from Michigan to Virginia. Turning the TV on to The Weather Channel to see the forecast. First thing that airs is a "Pure Michigan" commercial!

Panoman617
06-25-2012, 02:38 PM
I had a great time seeing all of you. Great time talking to the people I met last year and the new ones this year. Can't weight till Photostock 2013. Bill I have a few photos from the event would you like them for the Flicker page.

Thanks MUCH

Jim

dlin
06-25-2012, 04:24 PM
Another wonderful group of talented enthusiastic people at Photostock this year- I had a great time. Thanks to Bill for setting the tone for this whole event: inspire, be inspired, and most of all, have fun.

All the best,
Daniel

eclarke
06-25-2012, 04:32 PM
So, Bill. What are the dates for next year? I'll reserve a room today, Evan Clarke

jp80874
06-25-2012, 05:19 PM
Thanks Bill. The event certainly has expanded since my last ventures 2007-8. Great people, Great presentations, Great work, Great camaraderie, Great food. I really enjoyed the event and the people. Thanks also to you and Suzanne for the print reviews.

John Powers