PDA

View Full Version : Photostock 2012 - The Circus Continues!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

silke s
03-04-2012, 03:20 PM
I will be chiming in as well.

Bill and I had discussed the possibility of having a model there to sit for us. I have a compiled a list of some possible models, I especially searched for experienced (some have experience with film / wet plate shooters) and also the option to shoot nudes. This makes it easier for every one involved. The idea would be to set up one or two locations, near the birch wood inn, a day and to shoot as a group with the model switching stations. Depending on the model we end up using there will be a small fee involved for gas / accommodation (except for one model she lives an hour away) / compensation. Costs will be determined once I figure out how many and which model / models will be booked.

These are the models(all @ modelmayhem.com. just copy and paste the profile number in the search box) :

Xaina Mayhem #252968 worked with multiple times. Very professional and very experienced. (currently still in a baby break, might not be ready in June)
Summer Lace Mayhem #2408601 worked once. very new to modeling, very talented.
Anna Niebrzydowski Mayhem #2200292 worked once. very new to modeling, very talented.
Achieving Expression Mayhem #2395865 Never worked with. Lives very close.

Please let me know if interested and also which model you would prefer. The sooner the better to make sure they aren't booked yet.

Dan

Thomas Bertilsson
03-05-2012, 12:38 PM
Nice work on the research, Silke and Dan. Thanks for doing that!

I'm not sure I can make it this year, but it sure would be tempting to show up for some variety in workflow compared to normal Photostock events.

We shall see.

jmxphoto
03-07-2012, 08:16 AM
I think Summer Lace and Xaina would be my top two choices. Honestly what I've been wanting to do for a couple years is shoot in one of the kitschy rooms. The locale is very much in line with the MotelFetish kind of look (http://motelfetish.com/front_desk.htm). I was hoping to get a model for a about 2 hrs to shot some motel-y pinups. To be honest I had more of a 1 on 1 thing in mind if at all possible and I'd be fine with it costing more.

edit:
I would have no problems setting up studio lights with a background or using an existing setting for a group to use. I do however have ideas that should they be implemented, I'd prefer not to have people shooting over my shoulder.

Panoman617
03-12-2012, 03:01 PM
I was just on the Bay by Leggs yesterday. Still some ice in the bay out by the park but it was a great day to be out shooting.

Andrew Moxom
03-12-2012, 03:26 PM
I am interested in shooting with the models etc.... I am willing to pay for their time etc. i do have a question....i am curious if any of the models would like to shoot at the derelict house by levering road... I think it could make,for some interesting shots.

wildbill
03-12-2012, 04:09 PM
I was just on the Bay by Leggs yesterday. Still some ice in the bay out by the park but it was a great day to be out shooting.

I was there last week after the big snowfall. I threw out my back on day two (heavy snowmobile) so didn't get to shoot, at all. Can't wait til summer.

silke s
03-16-2012, 06:22 PM
I am interested in shooting with the models etc.... I am willing to pay for their time etc. i do have a question....i am curious if any of the models would like to shoot at the derelict house by levering road... I think it could make,for some interesting shots.

Andrew,

locations are open. I know that Xaina is fearless when it comes to (nude) modeling in tricky locations. For this shoot at the the train station in Detroit we had ~20 people watching below "20?...that's not many....lets do it"
http://www.modelmayhem.com/portfolio/pic/13102835#13102835

I wanted to do 2 locations a day possibly two days, photographers choice of locations, it should be a location where all photographers involved can set up and shoot simultaneously.

Dan

Andrew Moxom
03-16-2012, 06:33 PM
Perfect!!! The house on Levering Rd..... Well it hope its still there.... Its been a productive site for many photostockers in the past. Eva and Jeff know it too. Its like it was left in the 70's with old tv, and a crib upstairs...pretty eerie.

Andrew,

locations are open. I know that Xaina is fearless when it comes to (nude) modeling in tricky locations. For this shoot at the the train station in Detroit we had ~20 people watching below "20?...that's not many....lets do it"
http://www.modelmayhem.com/portfolio/pic/13102835#13102835

I wanted to do 2 locations a day possibly two days, photographers choice of locations, it should be a location where all photographers involved can set up and shoot simultaneously.

Dan

silke s
03-16-2012, 06:36 PM
Perfect!!! The house on Levering Rd..... Well it hope its still there.... Its been a productive site for many photostockers in the past. Eva and Jeff know it too. Its like it was left in the 70's with old tv, and a crib upstairs...pretty eerie.

This one?? :)

Silke
http://www.flickr.com/photos/silkeseybold/3978002087/in/set-72157615234941277

Andrew Moxom
03-16-2012, 07:17 PM
Yup!!!! Thats the one!!

This one?? :)

Silke
http://www.flickr.com/photos/silkeseybold/3978002087/in/set-72157615234941277

Bob Carnie
03-17-2012, 09:36 AM
I actually just by chance saw this thread.. I have turned off everything but darkroom threads for my sanity.

Laura Barney Lucy and myself *the Carnies* would love to come if we can.. Photostock in Michigan is a fantastic event and I really enjoyed my two trips to Bill's Oasis.
We will do everything we can to attend. The Birchwood is a nice place to stay and hang out for a few days.

Hear that, Bob???

Mark Fisher
03-18-2012, 10:26 AM
As in year's past, anyone who has an interest in taking a slot to present their work or a demonstration, please come forward and let me know.

Bill, if there is interest in a lith demo or talk, I'd be happy to do it. There are other folks out there (Marianne.....?) who could do it also.

Mark

zsas
03-18-2012, 10:43 AM
Mark -I'd be thrilled to see a lith demo, never tried it myself and would love to see how it's done!

Bob - Never met, cant wait, but if I could ask that you bring a print that had that neat WT bleach process you describe in that series from Mexico (I think)?

Toffle
03-18-2012, 01:48 PM
This is shaping up to be a great event. I can hardly wait to meet with everyone once again. I'd love to see a lith demo/workshop.

jmxphoto
03-18-2012, 02:50 PM
Recently I purchased a silver reclaimer so if anyone has some well used silver process fix they don't want to take to a haz mat drop off bring it to Photostock2012 and I'll take it off your hands. If you plan on bringing some, msg me and let me know how much so I know if I need to bring containers or leave extra space in the Jeep.

billschwab
04-07-2012, 01:04 PM
Hello Everyone!

Please forgive my absence. It's been a busy time, but Photostock has been very much on my mind. I wanted to get registrations open and the site ready before I leave next week and I'll be getting with those of you that have offered demos and presentations very soon. As Tom said, this is really going to be a good year and I am very much looking forward to seeing everyone's work and new toys as well as sharing in the precious Oberon.

First... I know a lot of people that are already coming, but I finally have the official registration open and ready! It would be great if everyone coming would please be sure to register. It will get you on this year's list so that you will get the newsletter and updates as well as help me keep track of who and how many are coming.

Here's a direct link to registration (http://www.photostock2012.com/register.html).

Or.... http://www.photostock2012.com/

The site is pretty well fleshed out as well, but there will be more added as the event nears and I get a schedule down. And please note that I use the word "Schedule" loosely. Like last year, we will have some presentations, demos and such, but also like last year, I want to keep everything as loose and simple as possible. More to come on all of that.

There is no registration fee for the event. I wouldn't feel comfortable asking anything from all of you because it is all of you that make it what it is. However, I have added an option after you register that offers a polymer photogravure from a plate I made at Wilderness State Park a few years ago. I've been headlong into photogravure since being taught (addicted) by Clay Harmon. I'm please enough with my results by now and I figured anyone interested could be one of the first to get one of them. In any event, any proceeds from this registration option will help with any financial logistics (beer) that arise. Please realize that this is NOT required. Seriously... I just want everyone to come!

So that's it for now. Get yourself registered and get planning for your time with us in the great north woods. I'll be heading back to Iceland and the Faroe Islands in about 10 days and might not be making any more posts until my return on the 2nd of May. Rest assured that I am on it and the plans are in the works for another fun year.

Best, Bill

Toffle
04-07-2012, 02:03 PM
I'm in. :)

Thomas Bertilsson
04-07-2012, 04:36 PM
Look at all the fun you all are going to have! It all sounds wonderful, and I wish I could join you all again. But I'm so happy for all of you who will be able to make it. The two times I've been there it's been magical. If you can go -do it!

Andrew Moxom
04-07-2012, 05:05 PM
I'm registered and i also ordered one of Bill's photogravures that he made from what i believe is one of his best ever wet collodion images.

billschwab
04-08-2012, 10:21 AM
Thanks, Andrew! You're very kind to say that as it is one of my all time favorite plates. The gravure really suits the wet plate well.

Thomas... if anything changes it is always great to have you around.

Thanks everyone! Twenty official sign-ups so far. Spread the word to anyone that might not hang here anymore. I'll get the word out as best I can and will send a letter to last year's registrants as well.

Thanks again for signing up!