PDA

View Full Version : Photostock 2012 - The Circus Continues!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

Panoman617
04-16-2012, 11:59 AM
I'm registered. Looking forword to haveing a great time this year like last year! :-)

Jim

cgross
04-16-2012, 01:38 PM
Will be up there this year Bill. Looking forward to seeing everyone. We have finally settled in up in Rockford north of GR so it will be a much shorter trip for me!!

silke s
04-17-2012, 03:16 PM
Birchwood, what is Vinny's folks Cabin?? Who is Vinny?

Anywho we are going to stay at the Birchwood so will Jeff and Eva and Andrew Moore.

Andrew Moxom
04-17-2012, 05:27 PM
Silke,

Vinny aka (wildbill) is a photo guy who's parents have a holiday cabin in Cross Village. They lease it out. Sounds like Daniel Lin and Gim will be staying there... I'm at the Birchwood and will roll in around mid day on Wednesday.... Btw, i entered the wet plates of you and Daniel into a portrait show. Will see if i get juried or not. I'm looking forward to doing more this year.

Charlie Wheelihan
04-17-2012, 07:52 PM
Birchwood, what is Vinny's folks Cabin?? Who is Vinny?

Anywho we are going to stay at the Birchwood so will Jeff and Eva and Andrew Moore.

Silke,

I know you have met Vinny. A couple years ago when I met you, Daniel, Jeff and Eva for the first time Vinny was there too. That was when we all met at Jeff and Eva's and shot at CassTech HS and the Packard Plant. I met Bill there at the Packard plant for the first time too, he filmed part of it. Vinny drove me around that day to the different locations and lunch. Super nice guy, thanks again Vinny! :)

jmxphoto
04-18-2012, 12:40 PM
Vinny is the tall one in the dark puffy coat:

Toffle
04-18-2012, 06:02 PM
Vinny is the tall one in the dark puffy coat:

If we're tagging ourselves, I'm the garden gnome on the left. :)

wildbill
04-18-2012, 07:02 PM
Silke, we did meet in Detroit and I popped in to photostock a couple times last year but didn't hang around long. I'm up here right now and it's nasty. Icicles on the boat launch this morning but we did cath the gill netters coming in for some fresh whitefish.
That coat makes me look fat. Most folks say I'm pretty skinny when I'm not wearing it.

Jeff Bannow
05-02-2012, 09:44 AM
Heads up - the print swap will happen again this year at Photostock.

More details to follow as they are sussed out.

Axle
05-02-2012, 10:09 AM
Huzzah! Room booked at the best western for Photostock!

Also, Print Exchange excellent, I was planning on bringing a bunch of prints already!

Axle
05-04-2012, 08:05 AM
Jim LeMay has been kind enough to arrange a visit for all that want to go to Fort Michilmackinac (http://www.mackinacparks.com/colonial-michilimackinac/) for some shooting of the living museum and people that play their part there. Entrance fee would be waived, but they have commercial restrictions and also request that any images made there be available for their use in return. I know this may be an issue for folks and I don't want it to become a big deal right now, I just want to put it out there to see what interest there is. If enough folks want to go, we'll set-up a time and organize a detail to get people up there

I'm game for this and perfectly cool with the fort using my images. Being in the reenactment hobby myself and with it being the BiCentenial year and Fort Michilmackinac being the site of one of the first engagements in the War of 1812...I was hoping to get out to it while I'm in the area!

bill schwab
05-04-2012, 12:52 PM
Back and at work on things. Really excited to read the news of those coming and that everyone is finding somewhere to stay. Great to see that Cody is coming! And it is great news from Silke and Dan about Andrew Moore! Pretty controversial guy around my parts and it will be great to meet him if he makes it.

If you've registered, you should have just received another newsletter... nothing big, just telling you I'm on it. Jeff and Eva have kindly offered to handle the print exchange. Jeff already mentioned that and details will be coming. Just make sure to bring a finished print to exchange and you'll be in.

I'm hearing that hotels are filling up. This is great news for everyone up there, but I want to make sure no one gets shut out. Great to hear that Vinny's folks place is getting used and there are others as well. I will look into other properties that people can share if need be. Let me know if you're having a hard time.

That's it from me for now. Look for more as I have it. If anyone missed the Newsletter, a link is here (http://mim.io/eff392). If you did miss it and registered, either your email is wrong as registered or I'm being filtered.

markos
05-04-2012, 06:29 PM
I'm very happy that I'm gong to make it back to photostock for the first time since 2008. I'll be at the Birchwood Tuesday - Thursday, but exiled to Petoskey for Friday and Saturday. I'm looking forward to it!

Mark

bill schwab
05-05-2012, 12:35 PM
I'm very happy that I'm gong to make it back to photostock for the first time since 2008.
It'll be good to see you, Mark. Sorry you have to move, but the party will remain in one place for you. Bring an orange or two.

:)

bill schwab
05-05-2012, 01:57 PM
Ok, letter sent to all interested in doing a demo or presentation. If I've talked to you about this and you don't get one. Let me know.

Bill

bill schwab
05-08-2012, 09:27 AM
Yet another update...

Thanks to Dan and Silke, we will have a model on hand for people to work with on a scheduled basis. There is a fee involved with this and the procedure will be outlined in the next newsletter. The model will be available for 1 hour blocks of time and the schedule will be limited.

Also, thanks to Dan, I've been in contact with Andrew Moore of "Detroit Disassembled" fame. He is in fact coming this year and has graciously agreed to do one of our informal presentations. I'll let you know more as it develops, but I hope you'll join me in a big photostock welcome for Andrew. It will be a treat to have him.

www.andrewlmoore.com/ (http://www.andrewlmoore.com)

I'm also pleased to announce that our very own Suzanne Revy will be giving a presentation this year as well. Finally meeting Suzanne after all these years is going to be a thrill for me, not to mention seeing her wonderful body of work. I know a lot of us have never had the chance and it will be great t have her here this year.

http://www.suzannerevy.com/

To top it all off, there will be demonstrations from Mark Fisher on his experiences with lith printing, a pin-up shooting demo led by James Mullineaux as well as demos in the wet plate and polymer photogravure processes. Several other surprises are in the works as well so stay tuned. Another newsletter will be going out soon to all who have registered. If not registered you can do it HERE (http://www.photostock2012.com/register.html).

Thanks!

www.photostock2012.com (http://www.photostock2012.com)

SuzanneR
05-08-2012, 12:52 PM
Very cool, Bill, thanks for organizing and inviting me to share my work. Really looking forward to it, and to finally meeting you as well.

Andrew Moxom
05-09-2012, 10:50 AM
Looks likecit will be a fun filled time!! Really looking forward to it!

ishutteratthethought
05-10-2012, 05:44 AM
Very cool, Bill, thanks for organizing and inviting me to share my work. Really looking forward to it, and to finally meeting you as well.

I am looking forward to seeing your work Suzanne, Should be a good time for all.
Steve

bill schwab
05-15-2012, 07:48 PM
Just a note to say that I've worked out a 40% discount with Andrew Moore's book distributor on copies of Detroit Disassembled (http://www.artbook.com/9788862081184.html). They would have to be pre-ordered for this discount and I will have to get a count soon. I'll soon send out a newsletter to all who have registered and in it will be a way to order a copy. I'll have them at the event so that you can have them signed.