PDA

View Full Version : Photostock 2012 - The Circus Continues!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15

df cardwell
05-21-2012, 01:22 PM
Any cyclists? A classic ride from The Birchwood up to Legs and back.

Axle
05-22-2012, 07:03 AM
30 days left to go before I depart for photostock. I'm looking forward to this!

Dan Henderson
05-22-2012, 06:51 PM
Any cyclists? A classic ride from The Birchwood up to Legs and back.

I'd love to bring my new mountain bike along with me, but I don't think it will fit on the other "bike" I plan to ride to PS.

Jerry Basierbe
05-25-2012, 08:56 AM
Hey Don, If I can make it this year I'm thinking about bringing my bike.

Jerry

Radarrudy
05-29-2012, 12:03 PM
I will be their this year for sure. I will camping out at the state park. I also plan to bring a friend, We shoot large format, as well as others. The moose is still on the loose in upper land!

Panoman617
06-01-2012, 08:17 AM
Fort Michilmackinac photos shoot. This sound good Bill. Meet at the Birchwood Inn on June 22 at 9:00am then drive to Fort Michilmackinac take photos at the Fort till 1:00 ish and them drive back to Birchwood Inn.

Thanks Jim

Mark Fisher
06-02-2012, 11:19 PM
Lith Printers:

I'll be giving a lith talk on Sat PM and I'd like to have it be more than a boring middle aged guy going through powerpoint slides. I'd appreciate it if the experienced (or less experienced) lith printers could bring some images to show . The huge variety of techniques and materials means that there are a lot of different looks possible and I definitely can't show them all. I'm hoping to give a basic introduction then have the session be a bit of a sharing of what works for folks and what doesn't......and show a bunch of prints. Much more interactive, much less boring. Please PM me if you are interested. There are a few of you out there.....don't make me find you (:

Thanks -- Mark

Axle
06-04-2012, 12:02 PM
Fort Michilmackinac photos shoot. This sound good Bill. Meet at the Birchwood Inn on June 22 at 9:00am then drive to Fort Michilmackinac take photos at the Fort till 1:00 ish and them drive back to Birchwood Inn.

Thanks Jim

That works great for me!

12 days of work left for me!

billschwab
06-04-2012, 12:37 PM
Hey folks! We're on short time now!

Sorry to be slow with the schedule, but I almost have it all worked out. Rather than wait for it, I thought it best to get the Andrew Moore book offer out there. If you've registered, you should have an email in your box by the end of the day. If interested and not yet registered, do it quick as this will be a pretty limited offer. I have to get the order in this week for the books to be there for the gathering.

I've been hearing privately from a lot of people and am really thrilled at all that are coming this year!

Thanks and stay tuned!

Register Here! (http://www.photostock2012.com/register.html)

Toffle
06-04-2012, 04:07 PM
Hey folks! We're on short time now!

I've been hearing privately from a lot of people and am really thrilled at all that are coming this year!

Thanks and stay tuned!

Register Here! (http://www.photostock2012.com/register.html)

Speaking of short time, Isn't it about time to make sure the Oberon's on ice? :whistling:

Can't wait for this year's gathering. I'm bringing along my brother in law, who is dusting off a film body just for the occasion.

billschwab
06-05-2012, 09:59 AM
Speaking of short time, Isn't it about time to make sure the Oberon's on ice? :whistling:
It's on order, Tom! They'll have it good and cold for pick-up on Thursday. Also a cooler of soda for those that don't drink the precious.

billschwab
06-05-2012, 10:02 AM
I'm getting a nice response on the the orders of Andrew Moore's book. Thanks for acting fast, folks! I'm going to place the order Friday, so if interested, get going!

Detroit Disassembled (http://www.photostock2012.com/andrew_moore.html) (pick-up at event only)

billschwab
06-05-2012, 10:12 AM
Is there an area at the State Park where people are concentrating their camps? I've had a request from someone camping that wants to know where to make reservations.

Thanks!

Radarrudy
06-05-2012, 05:12 PM
Will be interested in learning about lith printing and I think Bill will also. We will camping out at Petoski state Park. Dune area lot 13. Anyone else staying in the area.

chippewa309
06-06-2012, 11:47 AM
I'll be camping too. I haven't made a reservation yet but was hoping to find a spot near some other Photostock folks. Have you stayed at Petoskey S.P. before? I haven't been there before and don't know what sites are good or bad.

Dan Henderson
06-06-2012, 11:55 AM
Last year several of us camped at PSP. It is a nice park. I'm not camping this year so I don't know what's up. The Bannows usually camp, you might check with them.

Jeff Bannow
06-06-2012, 12:57 PM
Last year several of us camped at PSP. It is a nice park. I'm not camping this year so I don't know what's up. The Bannows usually camp, you might check with them.

Actually, we're staying at the Birchwood this year. :) The state park is pretty nice though.

Axle
06-06-2012, 01:08 PM
As much as I like camping, I'm staying at the Best Western. (2 weeks before I depart...in fact by this time I should be well on my way north on I-75.)

zsas
06-06-2012, 01:51 PM
I camped last year and it was great, but at the Birchwood this year too...

jp80874
06-06-2012, 03:43 PM
When I was off Cub Scout age I came home from a meeting to tell my parents that we were going camping and fathers were needed to volunteer to be chaperones. My father said, “Johnny, I will take you any place there is room service.” I didn’t understand. I was 26 when I first went camping with the United States Army. We were combat engineers. When we wanted to build a latrine we blew a hole in the ground or called in a D-9 Caterpillar.

Now that I am 72 and my father’s logic makes perfect sense to me. Apparently it does to many of those who were camping just a year or two ago. What I want to know is when is the Birchwood going to offer room service?

John Powers