PDA

View Full Version : NE OH Gathering: September: 30, October 1-2, 2011

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9

ic-racer
09-28-2011, 10:35 PM
I had been out of town and missed most of this thread. I can make it Fri PM and Sat.

jp80874
09-29-2011, 07:23 AM
Great. Glad you are coming. Bring prints.

John

jp80874
09-29-2011, 07:56 AM
The Gathering is getting close. One more day.

Who will be arriving Friday and approximately what time? We will just go up the street for dinner at “Three Musketeers,” so you can catch up with us there if you come in after 6 PM. We hope to show prints after dinner. Who will be here?

Who will be coming in Saturday and about what time?

If it is not raining Saturday, let’s gather here at 9 AM. All who want to go to the farm equipment museum can go right over.

If it is raining Saturday let’s meet at the Richfield Family Restaurant for 9 AM breakfast, then go to Canton for the Civil War museum exhibit (see post 37). We can stop at the Akron U exhibit (post 58) on the way back.

John

Jeff Bannow
09-29-2011, 08:09 AM
Eva & I (plus Charlie as well I think) will be arriving together after 9pm, and will be camping. We will be leaving Sunday morning before breakfast.

jp80874
09-29-2011, 08:12 AM
Thanks Jeff,

Looking forward to seeing all three. Is Silke also coming or not?

John

Jeff Bannow
09-29-2011, 08:13 AM
Thanks Jeff,

Looking forward to seeing all three. Is Silke also coming or not?

John

Maybe, maybe not. She's afraid she might have to work this weekend unfortunately.

djkloss
09-29-2011, 08:31 AM
I'm planning on coming, just don't know when yet

jp80874
09-29-2011, 08:45 AM
Great Dorothy,

See you when you get here.

John

mjs
09-29-2011, 10:20 AM
I'm planning on arriving Friday, hopefully not too late and also hoping to join you for dinner. Given the wind forecast, I figure I ought to get between 80 - 100 miles per gallon on the way over from Indiana! ;)

Mike

jp80874
09-29-2011, 10:40 AM
I'm planning on arriving Friday, hopefully not too late and also hoping to join you for dinner. Given the wind forecast, I figure I ought to get between 80 - 100 miles per gallon on the way over from Indiana! ;)

Mike

I understand that if you hold the doors open it works like a spinnaker.

Good flight!

Charlie Wheelihan
09-29-2011, 03:43 PM
So it is official. I am coming down tomorrow evening with Jeff & Eva and yet to be determined Silke. I will be tent camping (against my better judgment :-)

I am bringing my stuff to shoot wet plate, hopefully weather will cooperate. But I will not hold you, John responsible if it does not. It would be great if you had that kind of pull however. I am just happy to be able to make this one.

Thanks for hosting John!

jp80874
09-29-2011, 04:04 PM
Charlie,

You might want to make a back up reservation at a motel. Current weather forecast for Friday night is 70% chance of rain, temperature 44 degrees. As to my responsibilities I will be in the nice warm bed upstairs with Dolly, zero chance of rain, temperature 70 degrees.

I have relinquished all my responsibilities to Cindy, the younger faster Labrador. She is also in charge of the complaint department. On a good note, she, cold wet dog that she is, will be happy to snuggle in your sleeping bag with you.

Glad you are coming.

John

Charlie Wheelihan
09-29-2011, 04:15 PM
I will certainly give the backup reservation a strong consideration. I have done my share of camping and backpack camping etc and frankly don't mind leaving them behind... Especially in questionable weather conditions.

Although the dog as a warming blanket sounds good too.

htimsdj
09-29-2011, 04:19 PM
John -

I'll meet you at the restaurant on Friday at 6:00pm, and will have prints to share afterward.

On Saturday, I'll be there in the morning at 9:00am, whether meeting at your place or at the restaurant.

thanks, Jeff

jp80874
09-29-2011, 07:05 PM
Thanks Jeff. It will be great to see your work.

John

daleeman
09-29-2011, 08:20 PM
Got my lighting gear packed and our other Lee does too. Some logistics on when where and how to finalize but we should be able to do some real fine studio lighting demos. Free sun tans to all who will brave the stool infront of the camera. We have enough watt seconds to tan you and burn back your hair-line by a few inches. All are welcome to connect to the pc cord, pose a friend and shoot a few holders.
Anyone equiped to do some pinhole portraits with the flash eq ? Wet plate with flash heads? Multiple exposures on one frame. Stretch the brain, think creative.

That other Lee

djkloss
09-29-2011, 09:44 PM
what time is dinner on Friday night?

got it... around 6 at Three Musketeers...

djkloss
09-29-2011, 09:47 PM
Got my lighting gear packed and our other Lee does too. Some logistics on when where and how to finalize but we should be able to do some real fine studio lighting demos. Free sun tans to all who will brave the stool infront of the camera. We have enough watt seconds to tan you and burn back your hair-line by a few inches. All are welcome to connect to the pc cord, pose a friend and shoot a few holders.
Anyone equiped to do some pinhole portraits with the flash eq ? Wet plate with flash heads? Multiple exposures on one frame. Stretch the brain, think creative.

That other Lee
I've got a manequin head with big lips. should I bring her along?

daleeman
09-30-2011, 04:28 AM
I've got a manequin head with big lips. should I bring her along?

She sounds like a fun addition to the group. I may have some friends to introduce her too.

jp80874
09-30-2011, 06:01 AM
If Dorothy’s doll is taken and anyone feels left out we have a CPR doll you can practice on in the lights or in a closet, if you can find a closet in this house with that much room.

Cindy and Savannah are available for couples portraits.

John