PDA

View Full Version : NE OH Gathering: September: 30, October 1-2, 2011

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9

jp80874
09-30-2011, 07:29 AM
Looking at the weather forecast for the weekend,
I think Saturday we had better go for plan B.

Breakfast 9:00 AM at Richfield Family Restaurant.
Drive to the Canton Museum of Art for the Civil War Exhibit
Doug Clow suggests that we then go 2 minutes away to the Joseph Saxton photographic gallery.
We can come back here and set up Lee & Lee’s portrait studio
Dinner, possibly pizzas in house
Print Review

Weather forecast as of Friday morning.
Friday: Showers this morning, becoming a steady rain during the afternoon hours. High 53F. Winds WSW at 15 to 25 mph. Chance of rain 70%.
Flood Watch from Fri, 12:00 pm until Sat, 10:00 am EDT
Friday Night: Periods of rain. Low near 45F. Winds NW at 15 to 25 mph. Chance of rain 70%. Rainfall around a half an inch.
Saturday: A steady rain in the morning. Showers continuing in the afternoon. Cold. High 48F. Winds N at 20 to 30 mph. Chance of rain 70%. Rainfall near a quarter of an inch.
Sunday: 30% chance of rain, cloudy.

If you do chose to go off photographing. please be very cautious around rivers and streams. With a flood warning and an expected ” of rain over the next twenty four hours, rivers and streams could be deadly.

This looks like a great opportunity to see excellent Mathew Brady Civil War photos, Winslow Homer sketches, and current work at a gallery in Canton. We can come back, do some portrait photography and see our own latest work. Sunday there is still a chance for the Farm Equipment Museum. We are looking forward to seeing you all and sharing our mutual interest.

John & Dolly

htimsdj
09-30-2011, 01:36 PM
Sounds good John. I mean the alternate plans - not the rain. I wonder if you should start up a second collection for that 50 acre umbrella you've been talking about? You know, the one that lets only nice diffuse light, and no water, through. :-)

daleeman
09-30-2011, 02:02 PM
Deep Regrets,

I just got home from work to pack the clothes and Sue and I were going to start driving up to John & Dolly's house when everything changed here at the home front. Unfortunately we will not make it this weekend. Try as we may all things changed. The good news is no one is in the hospital and all that kind of thing, but we can not make it and take care of all the issues at hand. We wish everyone a really wonderful time and we will be there in spirit.

Lee

Jeff Bannow
09-30-2011, 02:08 PM
Deep Regrets,

I just got home from work to pack the clothes and Sue and I were going to start driving up to John & Dolly's house when everything changed here at the home front. Unfortunately we will not make it this weekend. Try as we may all things changed. The good news is no one is in the hospital and all that kind of thing, but we can not make it and take care of all the issues at hand. We wish everyone a really wonderful time and we will be there in spirit.

Lee

We'll all miss you! Hope everything works out OK, whatever the issue might be.

jp80874
09-30-2011, 03:06 PM
Sounds good John. I mean the alternate plans - not the rain. I wonder if you should start up a second collection for that 50 acre umbrella you've been talking about? You know, the one that lets only nice diffuse light, and no water, through. :-)

May need water wings as well. The brelly just keeps the rain from falling on the fifty acres. It doesn't float the flotsom underneath as the runoff flows through.

John

jp80874
09-30-2011, 03:08 PM
BUMMER!

Lee & Sue,

Sorry you won't be with us.
I hope what ever it is turns out to be a false alarm as Dolly & My crisis did last event.

John & Dolly

Nicholas Lindan
09-30-2011, 06:13 PM
Sorry, I am going to have to beg out too. My sister has delayed her arrival, so I am on duty with Aged Relative over the weekend.

daleeman
09-30-2011, 07:36 PM
We are now the proud parents of a 40 gallon water heater. Its a boy (we think) We call him GE and as most proud parents will do; we are "bathing in his warm love" . Momma and Baby are fine and resting. Certainly glad he was actually adopted, it would have been a difficult birth.

Lee

ic-racer
09-30-2011, 10:07 PM
John, the cable release is for the Linhof "Quick Socket" lensboards for the technical cameras.

Lee L
09-30-2011, 10:54 PM
John, the cable release is for the Linhof "Quick Socket" lensboards for the technical cameras.
OK, now I see it. I actually have a recessed one of these lens boards that I used in a test using a field camera as an enlarger (think Graflarger) with smaller formats. I'll bring it tomorrow so we can see how it works.

Lee

Shawn Dougherty
10-01-2011, 09:45 AM
That other Lee, congratulations! I have the 20 gallon model in my bungalow, I can only marvel at the long showers you must be enjoying! =P

At work right now (making up for traveling to pick things up in Alabama last weekend) and am not going to be able to make it.

I'm planning on heading over to the park one weekend this fall. It will probably be short notice but I'll let the locals know, if anyone wants to meet us for lunch/dinner while we're there that would be great.

Hope everyone has a great time and takes advantage of this "quiet light".

Shawn

djkloss
10-02-2011, 05:00 PM
Thank you John and Dolly,
I had such a wonderful time at the gathering. It is so good to meet new people and see old friends as well, and to see all the wonderful prints and learn new things. Thank you again for the tour of the darkroom and for being our tour guide through the museums and at Acron. It was all *marvelous*!
Thank you sooooo much!!! :)
Dorothy

Charlie Wheelihan
10-02-2011, 05:06 PM
Thank you John and Dolly for a wonderful gathering again and all your efforts behind it!

Thanks Jeff & Eva for letting me tag along with you again!

It is great being able to share what we all enjoy with so many great people. I enjoy very much seeing everyone and meeting great new people.

Best,
Charlie

daleeman
10-02-2011, 06:16 PM
Thank you John & Dolly for being God Parents to our new member of the family. Little GE is such a joy.

Wish we could have been there with you all. Plumbing is never fun.

Lee

Peter Spangenberg
10-02-2011, 09:31 PM
Thanks John and Dolly. Sorry I could only make Sunday, but what a treat. The film is already drying.

Lee L
10-02-2011, 11:10 PM
Thanks again from me as well. It was great to see everyone again, and meet new folks as well. Sorry to have missed Sunday... too much piling up here and a very busy week ahead.

Lee

mjs
10-03-2011, 09:58 AM
Thanks to John and Dolly & the girls for a great weekend! I really (honestly!) enjoyed photographing in the rain on Saturday. Blue Hen Falls was just glowing and down behind that slope the breeze was much gentler. I did laundry last night when I got home instead of developing film but I hope to get to that tonight. I hope that Dolly is feeling better and that the weather breaks for you this week!

Mike

htimsdj
10-03-2011, 12:07 PM
John & Dolly - Thanks for opening your home once again as the home base for another great weekend of photography. Even though the weather didn't cooperate until Sunday, I enjoyed the spending time with my fellow film shooting friends. I quite enjoyed the farm on Sunday and will go back this weekend to shoot some more after thinking about some photos I want to make. I'll also be going back for the Apple Fry Pies and the donuts!

Jeff

djkloss
10-03-2011, 05:02 PM
the paper I mentioned (Japanese paper) is called Gampi for fine art & alt process. The Gallery where I saw it was in Woodstock NY at Gallery BMG http://galeriebmg.com/

http://www.fineartstore.com/Catalog/tabid/365/List/1/CategoryID/12557/Level/a/Default.aspx?SortField=UnitCost%2cUnitCost

nice stuff! and the Ilford was MG ART 300
~cheers!

mat4226
10-04-2011, 02:22 PM
Thanks John & Dolly for being great hosts this past weekend. Great seeing everybody again, and a few new faces as well.

I'd have chimed in sooner, but I've been heavily medicated these past two days. I asked the doctor, and apparently the 8x10 counts as heavy machinery...drats!

@Dorothy I'm going to be trying out that new Ilford Art 300 thanks to your demo.

@Charlie Hoping you can come back sometime soon with your wetplate kit. I need to pick your brain some more!

@Jeff thanks for the pack-tastic Polaroid image, it's hanging on my Polaroid Wall-of-Fame as we speak. Also, BIG thanks for the generous film donation to the FPP!

@John pending your permission, I'd love to demo some carbon printing for everyone. This might be a Friday night into Saturday ordeal. x__x