PDA

View Full Version : NE OH Gathering: September: 30, October 1-2, 2011

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9]

Dclow
11-18-2011, 08:28 AM
Hi all, hopefully I'll be able to come up sun but it will only be just for the show because my wife has to work at 2. Haven't had much time to shoot since last visit. Did go out a couple weeks ago and dropped my camera! Didn't seem to hurt much. At least I didn't make it to the rocks yet when it happened. Is anyone meeting for breakfast before the show? See everyone sun.
Doug

Shawn Dougherty
11-18-2011, 09:22 AM
I'm planning on being at the show when it starts - otherwise I'm not sure what I'll be doing in the morning. I would like to go over early and photograph but that will depend on both how Saturday night goes and the weather. =) If I end up leaving early I'll post here before I go.

Shawn Dougherty
11-18-2011, 02:08 PM
I guess I may as well mention that I am selling some glass. A 90mm f8 Super Angulon, 150mm G-Claron and a 210mm G-Claron. If anyone is interested I will have them with me. Pics of all can be seen at the LFF forum in the classifieds. So far I've only put the 210mm up here at APUG.

Shawn Dougherty
11-20-2011, 07:12 PM
Got out of there without buying anything but three 4x5 film holders. Whew!

John, thanks for hosting our print sharing session yet again! Enjoyed seeing the work you did at the "building collector" down the block. =P

Bethe, I'm still thinking about that crazy burned out house and visiting the Allegheny Cemetery again. Here's the address for the Indian restaurant in Oakland.
Star of India 412 S. Craig Street Pittsburgh PA 15213
It's right by the Cathedral of Learning. You should check out Phipps Conservatory while you're there as well.

Dale, hope you keep working the flash into your photographs, you created some really interesting tonalities. I especially enjoyed the smaller 2x3 aspect ratio prints where you were meshing the foreground and background elements.

Jeff, thanks so much. I hope you enjoy the print! I'm looking forward to photographing together soon. I'd be happy to meet you or if you make it over this way I know all the best spots! =) I'll e-mail you my cell.

winger
11-20-2011, 07:21 PM
Shawn, the burned out house is on rt 31, sorta near West Newton. You might not find it the first (or second) time past it. If you ever want to come down this way to shoot, give a holler and I can show you where. Thanks for the restaurant recommendation! I will definitely have to check it out. And I've been to Phipps a few times - in fact, I might go the 18th of Dec with the photo club.

It was great seeing everyone's prints! I needed some inspiration and got it!

Thanks for hosting, John!

jp80874
11-22-2011, 08:24 AM
It was great fun having you all here, learning what everyone has been doing, seeing your work, hearing your feedback, planning new gathering objectives. Thank you all for coming.

John