PDA

View Full Version : CNN Profile: FILM NOT DEAD YET!

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4

michaelbsc
08-20-2011, 06:13 AM
Wait Til kodak Finds Out About This !

Ron

Perez won't care.

Dr.Pain-MD
08-20-2011, 07:04 AM
Great video, very inspiring! How cool was it to open it with the guy shooting a Mamiya C-330 too?

M.A.Longmore
08-20-2011, 09:19 AM
Perez won't care.
I've Noticed !

I while back I saw an article about George Eastmans birthday.
I jumped over to the Kodak site expecting to see some sort of
celebration taking place. Nothing ! ... I could barely find information
about Kodak Film, it's a very sad situation.

We Definitely Need To Spread The Word, And Share Our Enthusiasm !

Ron

Dr.Pain-MD
08-20-2011, 12:04 PM
It really is sad how Kodak seems to have no faith in the film business. You would think that with the number of users being relatively stable (rising even, no?) they would be OK with the market, but apparently not.

Colin Corneau
08-20-2011, 12:44 PM
This was a real pleasure to watch. I especially appreciated how intelligently done it was -- not pandering, not dumbing it down. Sorry to my American friends, but this could only have been done by the European service...the domestic CNN service would have stupid'd it up a lot more. (and probably added a celebrity who pretends to shoot film, or something).

Bit by bit...I would only have taken out the word "yet" - as in, Film Not Dead...PERIOD!

CGW
08-20-2011, 01:46 PM
This was a real pleasure to watch. I especially appreciated how intelligently done it was -- not pandering, not dumbing it down. Sorry to my American friends, but this could only have been done by the European service...the domestic CNN service would have stupid'd it up a lot more. (and probably added a celebrity who pretends to shoot film, or something).

Bit by bit...I would only have taken out the word "yet" - as in, Film Not Dead...PERIOD!

Agree totally. Suspect Atlanta CNN would have focused on aspects of film photography that emphasized its demise or "drawbacks" instead of its strengths and value as a valid media.

liquid695
08-20-2011, 03:36 PM
GREAT VIDEO

Sean
08-21-2011, 03:53 AM
Great stuff, just tweeted on our home page. Thanks

tomtraubert
08-21-2011, 04:42 AM
Great video, made my day.

K-G
08-21-2011, 04:33 PM
Alternate link http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xkm1e6_film-not-dead-yet_lifestyle

Thank you, markbarendt , for supplying a link that works even here in Sweden. It was a great comfort to se all the activities that are going on to save our great craft.

Karl-Gustaf

David A. Goldfarb
08-21-2011, 04:54 PM
Way cool! Finally got to see this today after an afternoon of maintenance and cleaning in the darkroom.

kerrpanda
08-23-2011, 12:05 AM
Whoooeee! FB'd this and emailed to 2 camera clubs. Yessir!

vpwphoto
08-26-2011, 02:17 PM
Snifff.
Damn you William Shockley and Gerald Pearson! (I really don't want them to burn and gnash their teeth)

Monito
08-31-2011, 02:15 PM

Agree totally. Suspect Atlanta CNN would have focused on aspects of film photography that emphasized its demise or "drawbacks" instead of its strengths and value as a valid media.

Before everybody jumps to wrong conclusion, ... well, now that they've jumped to the wrong conclusion, ...

The video was made by Cubie King, Editor/Producer at CNN New York Bureau and his collaborator Carlos Martinell.

jovo
08-31-2011, 02:33 PM
A pleasure and a treat. Thanks!

photoworks68
08-31-2011, 05:22 PM
Very interesting video. Reposted it on my facebook page.

:whistling:

CGW
08-31-2011, 05:31 PM
Before everybody jumps to wrong conclusion, ... well, now that they've jumped to the wrong conclusion, ...

The video was made by Cubie King, Editor/Producer at CNN New York Bureau and his collaborator Carlos Martinell.

Note I said Atlanta, Monito. Knew people at CNN/New York--always way ahead of the Atlanta crew.

Monito
08-31-2011, 05:56 PM
Note I said Atlanta, Monito. Knew people at CNN/New York--always way ahead of the Atlanta crew.

It's ok. Note that Colin Corneau said "Europe", CGW, and you said you agreed, "totally". I wasn't trying call anyone out specifically to make an example of them; just correcting the impression that anything good has to be European and not US.

CGW
08-31-2011, 06:36 PM
"just correcting the impression that anything good has to be European..."

Or Canadian 8^)

giacomo.fiani
09-03-2011, 06:50 PM
Just discovered it some hours ago surfing the web and wanted to start a thread to share it with you, but of course I'm late! Great video. Loved to hear Erwitt talking about curiosity. He's so right.