PDA

View Full Version : Any NorCal Photogs? Sacramento North?

kenmeyersphoto
10-16-2004, 11:32 PM
Looking to find some LF folks who would like to photograph, share prints etc. Let me know if you are interested.

-Ken Meyers
Grass Valley, Ca

roteague
10-17-2004, 01:52 PM
Looking to find some LF folks who would like to photograph, share prints etc. Let me know if you are interested.

-Ken Meyers
Grass Valley, Ca

Grass Valley, awesome place. There are a lot of photographers in the Bay Area, don't know about your area.

jss
10-17-2004, 02:12 PM
look through the SF Bay Area APUG'er "Show & Wine"" thread for locals. i live in the south bay - mountain view - but consider myself a very novice LF'er. ive been trying to make personal time to go out and play with a burke & james 8x10 i recently got.

Aggie
10-17-2004, 02:15 PM
I am in the East bay. about 20 miles from an I-5 access. I can get anywhere from where you are to the South bay in a reasonable time. Let me know if you want to go shooting, I have a pretty flexible schedule. Kerik lives in Placerville, not that far from you considering where I live.

kenmeyersphoto
10-18-2004, 12:08 AM
I am in the East bay. about 20 miles from an I-5 access. I can get anywhere from where you are to the South bay in a reasonable time. Let me know if you want to go shooting, I have a pretty flexible schedule. Kerik lives in Placerville, not that far from you considering where I live.

Hi Aggie,
Speaking of Kerik, he normally goes to Gladding McBean in Lincoln, Ca. Are you going next weekend?

-Ken

Kerik
10-18-2004, 12:35 AM
Hi Aggie,
Speaking of Kerik, he normally goes to Gladding McBean in Lincoln, Ca. Are you going next weekend?

-Ken
Hey Ken,

I'm not going to be able to make it to GMB this time. I've got other commitments next weekend...

Have fun, though!
Kerik

galyons
10-18-2004, 12:51 AM
Ken,
The Bay Area group is getting more active. I am sure that there be future opportunities.

I'm originally from the Marysville/Yuba City area. So I like to shoot in the foothills.

Formal or informal, just let me know!

Geary

Aggie
10-18-2004, 01:54 AM
Hi Aggie,

-Ken
I've never heard of Gladding McBean. What is it?

MikeK
10-18-2004, 11:18 PM
Aggie:

This looks interesting, they make all sorts or Terra Cotta stuff, take a look at the site and browse around http://gladdingmcbean.paccoast.com/default.jsp

- Mike

nathansmith
11-13-2004, 08:00 AM

-Ken Meyers
Grass Valley, Ca

I live in Lincoln, about 5 minutes from GMB. I have a Horseman 450 that I am interested in shooting with. I shot with it a month ago, after a 7 year haitus, and loved it. I also shoot Hasselblad, as well as 35mm, both film and digital (Forgive me Fath....).

www.nathansmithphotography.com
1-800-29-PHOTO

Chuck (CA)
11-13-2004, 08:06 AM
Fresno, CA mustering in....I'm interested...Bronica Sq-Ai shooter....

Thanks
chuckphoto@earthlink.net

kjsphoto
11-14-2004, 12:44 AM
I am up in the Yosemite area and I would love to find people shooting LF and MF! It would be cool to ahve someone to go out and shoot with.

Kev

Becky Lynn
11-21-2004, 07:26 PM

-Ken Meyers
Grass Valley, Ca
Hello, I'm interested in getting together with and meeting other LF users. I'm in Modesto, CA. I'm willing to travel as there isn't anyone in my area that I know of that I can discus LF photography with. I've had my Wista SP 4x5 for a while now and would LOVE to go out shooting with others who will be taking the time needed to use a LF camera. Let me know if you plan and outing. I'd love to be there.

Becky Lynn ahyoubecky@aol.com

bmac
11-21-2004, 07:39 PM
Motown!

rbarker
11-21-2004, 08:49 PM
I think all us Nor-Cal-ers should all show up at Ken Meyers' house next Thursday. Thanksgiving in Grass Valley? Couldn't get much better. But, Ken might not have an oven big enough for all of us turkeys. ;)

I'm (obviously) located in San Jose, but anyone headed this way is welcome to give me a shout. I also head to the valley occasionally (my parents live in Bakersfield), and would be interested in doing some farming-related images.

Lens_man
12-29-2004, 10:53 PM
I just registered after looking around the site, and I am impressed. I am located in Stockton, CA. I look forward to meeting other shooters in the area.

Jon Shiu
01-04-2005, 11:50 PM
Anyone see the Weston show at the Crocker Museum in Sacramento? I think it's called Edward Weston Life Work. Also, I think there is a Brett exhibit. Ends on Jan. 9th, so this would be the last weekend to see. Is only a 4 hr. drive for me, so I think I'll go!

Jon Shiu
Elk, CA

RenoDave
03-09-2005, 10:59 PM
I'm a new member to APUG and a newbie to LF (4x5). I'm in Reno, not too far down the road from Grass Valley. I'd love to have nearby folks to shoot with, etc.

brent8927
03-09-2005, 11:18 PM
I'm somewhat new to APUG (planning on subscribing soon). I'm just beginning LF (this weekend!) and I live in Fremont, in the East Bay. I have to be honest though and say when I photograph with people, I really tend to ignore them. My girlfriend sure doesn't appreciate that much... but hey, throw in a picture where she can smile (I can't stand those kind of posed pictures! Say "cheese...") and she's happy...

chuck94022
03-09-2005, 11:31 PM
I'm in the Bay Area, Los Altos. I'd love to get together. I have a Wista 4x5, as well as a Mamiya 6MF and a couple of 35mm cameras: Olympus 35RD and a Nikon N70. Oh, and a Kodak Brownie, and a Kiev 88.

I also have a cast on, healing a broken fibula from skiing Kirkwood on President's Day weekend. So, I won't be attending any gatherings until the doc says I can walk on it again (probably two more weeks to ditch the crutches, another 2-4 to ditch the walking cast.)

-chuck