PDA

View Full Version : Camera Display at a Antique Tractor Show

brian d
09-14-2011, 10:50 AM
White River Valley Antique Association had their annual show last weekend. This year I put together a small display of camera's in one of the village buildings. I thought I would share a couple of poor digisnaps here.

puderse
09-15-2011, 08:32 AM
Before I sell off some. Times is hard!

Renato Tonelli
09-15-2011, 11:16 AM
Before I sell off some. Times is hard!

What camera is the one in the back with the red bellows?

Sirius Glass
09-15-2011, 11:31 AM
Looks like a Crown Graphic

Jeff Kubach
09-15-2011, 11:52 AM
I wouldn't mind having a few of those old cameras!

Jeff

rjbuzzclick
09-15-2011, 01:11 PM
Looks like a Crown Graphic

I think it's one of the smaller 2x3 Century Graphics. I've always wanted one of those with a roll film back.

BrianL
09-15-2011, 07:58 PM
Selling a Contaflex with the additional lenses. I'd sell of al lot of stuff including my pen collection before that system. I had one and looked for years for the lenses but they were at the time next to totally impossible to find or were banged up so badly to be nearly unusable. What version Contaflex is yours?

Wade D
09-17-2011, 04:35 AM
I think it's one of the smaller 2x3 Century Graphics. I've always wanted one of those with a roll film back.
I think it is a Century Graphic. I had one just like it. Lost it in a bad wildfire in 2007.:(

Wade D
09-17-2011, 04:37 AM
White River Valley Antique Association had their annual show last weekend. This year I put together a small display of camera's in one of the village buildings. I thought I would share a couple of poor digisnaps here.
Very nice collection and display. I hope you still use some of them.

brucemuir
09-17-2011, 05:16 AM
I think it is a Century Graphic. I had one just like it. Lost it in a bad wildfire in 2007.:(

Pretty sure it's a Graphic View I with base tilts.
See the rail sticking out the front..

brian d
09-17-2011, 08:33 AM
Very nice collection and display. I hope you still use some of them.

Thank You! I've not been able to spend much time at all this year on photography :(but, all but three of the camera's in the display see occasional use:)
The three that are not used have not been repaired yet.

brian d
09-17-2011, 08:36 AM

Sorry to hear that. Hopefully you will be able to replace it.

brian d
09-17-2011, 08:41 AM
Pretty sure it's a Graphic View I with base tilts.
See the rail sticking out the front..

The red bellows camera in my photo's is a View II. I agree with the other's about the one in the other photo, I think it is a Century Graphic

Sirius Glass
09-17-2011, 01:58 PM

Is there a good wild fire?

Wade D
09-18-2011, 02:24 AM
The answer would be a definite NO. Catastrophic would be a better word for it.

MattKing
09-18-2011, 02:10 PM

Probably - renewal through fire is both natural and one of the best ways of ensuring a healthy forest ecosystem.

In this case though, "good" is definitely "good in the long term".

puderse
09-21-2011, 08:27 AM
Selling a Contaflex with the additional lenses. I'd sell of al lot of stuff including my pen collection before that system. I had one and looked for years for the lenses but they were at the time next to totally impossible to find or were banged up so badly to be nearly unusable. What version Contaflex is yours?

I discovered the Contaflex Alpha at a garage sale. Sent it for CLA and a spool. Found the Tele & WA 1 at a time seperately. Found the Contina III at a thrift store. Alpha and Contina both take the lenses. Contina marked in the viewfinder so no seperate finder needed. Have cases for both and a case for the aux. lenses NIB.

Actually not that hard to collect these. It's the Pro Zeiss 35 system that is hard to find and dear when you do.

The lens on the Graphic is a cold war Jena 105 Tessar.

Got the Ikoflex for selling a coworker's grandfather's camera estate on the net.

Found the 6X4.5 at a garage sale. Love that little folder.

Traded the old Zeiss from a Dutch collector in flight training at a local Air Force Base.

Got the Icarette (I have nearly 100 127 vest pockets of various makes and models) for a song from a well known internet auction site.

The Super Ikonta 533/16 is for sale now.

It's the quest, not the having.

Ottrdaemmerung
09-21-2011, 10:57 AM
Hey, puderse, to whom did you send your Alpha for CLA? I have a Contaflex Beta that needs one.

puderse
09-21-2011, 02:07 PM
Hey, puderse, to whom did you send your Alpha for CLA? I have a Contaflex Beta that needs one.

This was before the internet and all I remember was that I found someone through Shutterbug. Before the internet was when the earth was flat!