PDA

View Full Version : Alt process print exchange?--#1

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13

photomc
12-27-2005, 08:26 PM
A bit late, but right in the middle of the holiday I became the proud owner of a nice plt print from Art (gr82bart) :) Nice work for your first plt Art, a very good start I would say. The only critique I can offer is the coating was a little uneven, but you know that already and IIRC you plan to purchase one of the Richeson 9010 brushes - you will be very please IMO. Thanks for the print, like I said before...nice Christmas gift.

reellis67
12-28-2005, 03:49 PM
Got a GREAT print from Mateo today--a beautiful print, and very much in the luddite elitist spirit.

I'm about ready to go with mine. I've got a pile of albumenized paper and a few good negs, so I just need some time to sensitize and a moderately sunny day.

Oh man! I totaly agree about this print. Mateo, I think I need to send you some cash or something. That is a most beautiful piece of workmanship and it is an honor to get something this nice in exchange for my, er, effort <cough>... I really need to get a better handle for the next exchange now that I see what can be done when you understand what you are doing.

- Randy

CarlRadford
12-28-2005, 04:09 PM
an incredible piece of work that one can draw inspiration from and aspire too! It will get framed and go on my wall - many thanks for a wonderful image.

photomc
12-28-2005, 07:25 PM
Yep, there is nothing quite like an original Mateo is there?!! Was lucky enough to get one (now in the gallery) from one of the early print exchanges - a nice 5x7 and must admit between Mateo and Jorge the two manged to of them managed to get me off my backside and try the alt. process....been cussin' em ever since ;)

colrehogan
12-29-2005, 06:34 PM
My apologies to Group 7, I haven't made any prints yet. I seem to like to get sick this time of year. :( I will try and heat some water for my HCA and pot. ox. solutions tonight. I have been a major slug this week.

gr82bart
12-30-2005, 06:00 AM
What I really like about this exchange is:

the fun it was to do platinum for the first time
the stunning prints I got
the feedback I have gotten so far on my first platinum print - thanks Gerhard, Don and Mike so far!
the next round
Regards, Art.

colrehogan
01-18-2006, 01:36 PM
Group 7, I will be sending your prints out today. FINALLY!

matt miller
01-18-2006, 01:51 PM
Cool! I'll be watching for it. That just leaves Michael ;)

matt miller
01-20-2006, 07:54 PM
I received your print today Diane. Wow! I am really impressed. I love the lights on the water. Thank you.

Michael Slade
01-21-2006, 08:14 AM
I received your print today Diane. Wow! I am really impressed. I love the lights on the water. Thank you.

Alright...so I'm the loser out of our group. I have yet to mail mine out.

I promise I'll make it worth the wait.

Diane, your print is very lovely. Thank-you.

colrehogan
01-21-2006, 09:36 AM
You're both welcome. I really should see about doing that shot in 8x10 sometime.

John_Brewer
01-21-2006, 09:51 AM
What I really like about this exchange is:

the fun it was to do platinum for the first time
the stunning prints I got
the feedback I have gotten so far on my first platinum print - thanks Gerhard, Don and Mike so far!
the next round
Regards, Art.

I've just received Art's print, (a long story but it was delivered elsewhere), and I'm bowled over. Roll on the next alt print exchange.

J

gr82bart
01-25-2006, 09:45 PM
I've just received Art's print, (a long story but it was delivered elsewhere), and I'm bowled over.Hi John. I forgot to mention that I did get your gum print. I like the image and was intrigued with the gum process. It's quite a different look than PT, that's for sure. I might give this process a try the next round.

Roll on the next alt print exchange.I second that vote.

Regards, Art.

mark
01-26-2006, 09:26 AM
Group 4

I was late getting mine out and the increased postal rates got them sent back to me. SO they went priority yesterday and you should have them soon.

photomc
01-28-2006, 09:39 AM
Group 4

I was late getting mine out and the increased postal rates got them sent back to me. SO they went priority yesterday and you should have them soon.

Mark, arrived yesterday...only the 2nd POP print I have ever seen in person (that I know of). Think you picked a good negative to illustrate the process, plus I like the print. Thank You..

toddstew
01-28-2006, 10:29 AM
Hey guys,
I'd like to get in on the next round if I could be spueezed in. I took part in the last postcard exchange and it was great to get a bunch of cool images in the mail.
Thanks
Todd

donbga
01-28-2006, 11:05 AM
Mark, arrived yesterday...only the 2nd POP print I have ever seen in person (that I know of). Think you picked a good negative to illustrate the process, plus I like the print. Thank You..
Hi Mark,

Got my print yesterday, thanks. I've seen gold toned pops but not selenium. Sounds like the selenium has a bleaching effect similar to the one seen on VDB prints. You might try a solution of 10 grams selenium toner solution per liter of water. Thats the ratio that I know one fellow was using to tone kallitypes sucessfully without bleaching.

Anyway get ready for round 2!

Thanks for the print,

Don Bryant

gr82bart
01-28-2006, 05:55 PM
Mark,

I got your print yesterday. Nice subject matter and very interesting. I like the complexity and yet simplicity of the image at the same time. I have a 'ignorant' question though. What is "POP"? I searched google, but I only came up with softdrinks. :confused:

Thanks, Art.

David A. Goldfarb
01-28-2006, 08:27 PM
What is "POP"? I searched google, but I only came up with softdrinks. :confused:

Printing out Paper. Usually this refers today to Centennial POP, which is a gelatin silver chloride paper manufactured by Kentmere and sold by Chicago Albumen Works, but albumen and Ziatype are also printing out processes. POP develops during the exposure without requiring a developer, and then it is toned and fixed.

Normal paper is DOP--developing out paper.

mark
01-29-2006, 05:45 PM
Art, Don, Mike,

Glad they got there. I forgot to mention in my letter that the packaging was intentional. Looking at a POP print on both a Black and a white board gives them really different feels.

Thanks for the comments.
Art,
I use the Kentmere paper because it is really really easy to set up and take down. It is pricey but I like what it gives. I should have put the manufacturer

Don,
Thanks for the info I will try it.

Mike,
I like the print too but the subject has bothered me since I printed it. I finally decided that there is too many hard lines. There is nothig soft about the subject. I got to thinking about and a tuft of corn silk would work really well. Too bad there is not a corn field for a couple of hundred miles.