PDA

View Full Version : Alt process print exchange?--#1

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13]

photomc
01-29-2006, 05:54 PM
Mike,
I like the print too but the subject has bothered me since I printed it. I finally decided that there is too many hard lines. There is nothig soft about the subject. I got to thinking about and a tuft of corn silk would work really well. Too bad there is not a corn field for a couple of hundred miles.
LOL Mark, I have been in your neck of the woods, Canyon de Chelly, a couple of years ago and yeah except for the canyon floor, bet there is not much corn silk around...petty rugged place. Don't know if you could take a like image, but maybe just slight breath fog on the lens would give it a softer look. Thanks for the tip with the black/white card...love the way it changes the image.

Gustavo_Castilla
01-30-2006, 10:42 PM
I will be interested !!

colrehogan
02-02-2006, 08:05 PM
Alright...so I'm the loser out of our group. I have yet to mail mine out.

I promise I'll make it worth the wait.

Diane, your print is very lovely. Thank-you.

Your package arrived in today's mail. The post office likes to stuff things in the mailbox. It survived though. Very nice prints and lovely calendar. Thank you!

matt miller
02-03-2006, 06:45 AM
I, too, received your prints & calendar Michael. Thank you for the extras.

I particularly like the jetty print, very nice.

Michael Slade
02-03-2006, 11:55 PM
I hope that they make up for the uh...delay. Your prints are still hanging on my studio wall (read: studs).

David A. Goldfarb
04-16-2006, 04:51 PM
I've moved this thread to the new subforum for the Alt-Process Print exchange, and from the better-late-than-never department, I've finally printed up my albumen prints for Randy, Carl, and Mateo. Sorry guys for the long delay. Aside from an insane work schedule these last few months, it's taken a while to get things together to do albumen at home since taking a workshop this past fall. Thank goodness I stocked up on gold chloride before gold went over $600 an ounce.

I don't think I yielded enough keepers in todays batch to also have Round 2 printed, as I had hoped, but I did manage to identify a couple more negs that work well in albumen, and now I'm ramped up with stocks of aged salted and unsalted albumen in the fridge, a stock of albumenized paper, a running batch of sensitizer, plenty of 1-ply paper and chemicals on hand, and above all the SUN is coming back, so it shouldn't take so long for the next group.

CarlRadford
04-17-2006, 12:15 PM
for the wait:)

I've moved this thread to the new subforum for the Alt-Process Print exchange, and from the better-late-than-never department, I've finally printed up my albumen prints for Randy, Carl, and Mateo. Sorry guys for the long delay. Aside from an insane work schedule these last few months, it's taken a while to get things together to do albumen at home since taking a workshop this past fall. Thank goodness I stocked up on gold chloride before gold went over $600 an ounce.

I don't think I yielded enough keepers in todays batch to also have Round 2 printed, as I had hoped, but I did manage to identify a couple more negs that work well in albumen, and now I'm ramped up with stocks of aged salted and unsalted albumen in the fridge, a stock of albumenized paper, a running batch of sensitizer, plenty of 1-ply paper and chemicals on hand, and above all the SUN is coming back, so it shouldn't take so long for the next group.