PDA

View Full Version : Alt process print exchange?--#1

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

photomc
10-31-2005, 07:13 PM
As promised this morning, here is the link (http://www.apug.org/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=10050&cat=502) of the VDB contact sheet I made from 645 negatives from the workshop in May. Funny the things you will do when you want to print something and can't.

CarlRadford
11-02-2005, 02:59 PM
One cyanotype and the other plt/pd - not sure which to use! Depending on how the numbers work out I might also do two groups.

Ole
11-03-2005, 01:24 AM
No prints made yet, but while going through the results from the recent LF gathering in Loen I have found some very promising negatives...

magic823
11-03-2005, 06:42 PM
What the heck, I'm in. I'll print some small carbons to send out.

Steve Allen

gbock
11-03-2005, 07:41 PM
One cyanotype and the other plt/pd - not sure which to use! Depending on how the numbers work out I might also do two groups.

I've made 8 prints so I can do two groups as well, depending on how many people are in a group :-)

Michael Slade
11-03-2005, 07:49 PM
Is it too late to get in? I am printing Kallitypes right now like there is no tomorrow! :)

David A. Goldfarb
11-03-2005, 08:07 PM
My paper is backordered at Jerry's Artarama (best price I could find on Strathmore 500 1-ply plate, by the way), so I might have to go hunting at Pearl Paint for some suitable paper for albumen. They have a big selection, but it's usually not consistent, so you never know what's going to be in stock down there.

CarlRadford
11-04-2005, 02:12 AM
So far we have:

Peter Schrager
Christian Nze
Ole Tjugen
Randy Ellis
Mateo
John Brewer x2
David Goldfarb
Carl Radford x2
Art
Mark
Don Bryant
Mike C
Joe Lipka
Jeremy Moore
Aggie
Alan
Gerhard x2
DoughOwk
Gandolfi
Jim Galli
Matt Miller
Michael Slade
Steve Allen

All the best, Carl

reellis67
11-04-2005, 08:38 AM
I just got a new package of paper and am waiting on some chemicals (ran out!) to arrive so I should be able to do some printing in the next week or so...

- Randy

Aggie
11-04-2005, 11:14 AM
It's not Aggie ? it is just plain old Aggie

CarlRadford
11-06-2005, 01:19 PM

colrehogan
11-06-2005, 03:06 PM
I would like to do this exchange.

Michael Slade
11-06-2005, 08:54 PM
Reading back through the thread it seems that several missed the 'rules' or guidelines for the exchange, as did I...I joined in the thread late.

Here's the way I'm understanding the print exchange works:

1. Prints of certain photographic types will be accepted (criteria determined by the organizers). Smaller print sizes are encouraged as to reduce the amount of money spent on postage (???). Are prints to be matted?

2. Each participant will print one print for each of the members in his/her group. Participants will be broken up into smaller 4-5 person groups so that the amount of prints to be made and exchanged with others does not get to be a burden.

3. Participants will be divided into common printing techniques so that they can examine and compare their printing results to others working in the same materials (clarify if I'm wrong here...).

4. Participants have until mid-November to commit to entering, and mid-December to print and ship their prints to the recipients.

5. Participants who commit and then bail out will recieve a public flogging on apug.org

Am I understanding the 'rules' so far? I'm still in if this is how it is proposed.

I am also doing digital negatives for contact printing my Kallitypes. I would be interested in seeing not only Kallitypes from other printers, but specifically prints of any genre made from digital negatives.

Thanks,

matt miller
11-06-2005, 09:24 PM
I'm not so sure about number three. I would enjoy receiving prints from any process, including the processes that I am not familiar with. I am under the impression that all groups will be drawn at random. Regardless of how it works, I am excited to participate and have been working on some prints.

Mateo
11-06-2005, 10:03 PM
I agree with Mr Miller regarding rule #3. I think that something so specific as Kallitypes made with digital negs would probably be hard to accommodate. I'll bet that if you start a thread inviting people to trade digital negative kallitypes with you, you would have a better chance.

David A. Goldfarb
11-06-2005, 10:29 PM
I also agree that the groups should be mixed processes. I think the idea is to allow people to exchange prints of different types so they can see the results from different processes.

If you're interested in organizing a digital neg print exchange, I'd recommend doing it in the "Gray Area" subforum.

Michael Slade
11-06-2005, 11:55 PM
Oh no, that's not what I was interested in at all. I think that just being part of it is exciting. I didn't know how you guys were planning on breaking it down, which is one of the reasons I was trying to clarify the rules.

Not trying to stir the pot, just trying to get a handle on how this all happens. Hopefully the rules are made more clear to more than just myself, as I hadn't seen the definitive guide to the print exchange.

It's getting clearer now. Thanks.

CarlRadford
11-07-2005, 01:46 AM
So far we have:

Peter Schrager
Christian Nze
Ole Tjugen
Randy Ellis
Mateo
John Brewer x2
David Goldfarb
Carl Radford x2
Art
Mark
Don Bryant
Mike C
Joe Lipka
Jeremy Moore
Aggie
Alan
Gerhard x2
DoughOwk
Gandolfi
Jim Galli
Matt Miller
Michael Slade
Steve Allen
Diane

All the best, Carl

CarlRadford
11-08-2005, 02:09 AM
So far we have:

Peter Schrager
Christian Nze
Ole Tjugen
Randy Ellis
Mateo
John Brewer x2
David Goldfarb
Carl Radford x2
Art x2
Mark
Don Bryant
Mike C
Joe Lipka
Jeremy Moore
Aggie
Allen Friday - Sorry for the error Allen!
Allan - aka Menacing Tourist
Gerhard x2
DoughOwk
Gandolfi
Jim Galli
Matt Miller
Michael Slade
Steve Allen
Diane

All the best, Carl

Ole
11-08-2005, 02:11 AM