PDA

View Full Version : Alt process print exchange?--#1

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13

gr82bart
11-14-2005, 04:14 PM
Hey Carl,

Are these the final Groups? Just curious as I have already recieved some PMs regarding addresses. Jus want to be sure these are it and we can start sending out our addys to people in our groups.

I am so looking for ward to this. I received my PT kit in the mail on Friday! I still blame you Jeremy for all this money I am now going to spend on this... LOL

Thanks, Art.

CarlRadford
11-15-2005, 03:00 AM
for the one that has any empty slot - I am just waiting for someone to get back to me for that space. To save messing things around Ole and I will sort ouselves out. Please try and exchange as much detail on the process and maybe the intention/idea for the image and hopefully post the images onto the site - if they are not there already - and hopefully we can stimulate some good discussion. Where does discussion about print exchanges take place? Thanks to all who've joined in and hopefully we'll do another for April time next year??

All the best, Carl

CarlRadford
11-15-2005, 11:43 AM
Jeremy is back!!

Group 1
John Brewer
Carl Radford
Art
Gerhard

Group 2
John Brewer
Peter Schrager
Christian Nze
Ole Tjugen

Group 3
Carl Radford
Randy Ellis
Mateo
David Goldfarb

Group 4
Art
Mark
Don Bryant
Mike C

Group 5
Gerhard
Joe Lipka
Aggie
Allen Friday

Group 6
Menacing Tourist
Jeremy Moore
Gandolfi
Jim Galli

Group 7
Matt Miller
Michael Slade
Steve Allen
Diane

All the best, Carl

Jeremy
11-15-2005, 04:16 PM
Jim, I'm about to mail your print out for the other print exchange so I'll just mail you 2 prints at the same time :)

Didn't think I would have the time to finish out this exchange before I left, but I was able to get some printing done this weekend and will definitely have everything I need done by Thanksgiving so Carl has graciously allowed me to recant my decision to pull out.

jimgalli
11-15-2005, 04:52 PM
Awesome! Thanks. Hope you're not too disappointed with my beginners attempts in return:)

Mateo
11-15-2005, 08:18 PM
Way to go Jeremy!

CarlRadford
11-16-2005, 02:42 PM
"Carl has graciously allowed me to recant my decision to pull out"

I hope I have never given the impression that I was trying to run or govern the show - push it along a little maybe :)

CarlRadford
11-17-2005, 01:57 PM
they will be on their way in the morning - UK folk might even have them for Saturday.

All the best, Carl

gr82bart
11-17-2005, 02:29 PM
they will be on their way in the morning - UK folk might even have them for Saturday.Show off! :p Looking forward to getting them!

Art.

reellis67
11-19-2005, 03:24 PM
I'm envious of those of you who have already printed! I have had crappy light for the last two days. I'm hoping that tomorrow will be better. This really drives home how convenient it is to have a UV box...

- Randy

gr82bart
11-19-2005, 03:57 PM
Holy CRAP! I just recieved the most beautiful print from gbock. Ummm...I'm feeling a little insecure here...just a wee bit inferior. There's no way I can produce something this fine. Oiy. Tomorrow's the day I print, so we'll see how things go, but DAMN Gerhard, did you have to place the standard so high?

Art.

John_Brewer
11-19-2005, 04:39 PM
I'm envious of those of you who have already printed! I have had crappy light for the last two days. I'm hoping that tomorrow will be better. This really drives home how convenient it is to have a UV box...

- Randy

At least you have a neg!

J ;)

gbock
11-19-2005, 06:45 PM
Holy CRAP! I just recieved the most beautiful print from gbock.

Art,

Gee, you're making me blush now! *I* was insecure because you guys are so good, judging from what I've seen in the galleries.

Your kind words made my day, though. THANKS!

Gerhard

Michael Slade
11-19-2005, 07:07 PM
Holy CRAP! I just recieved the most beautiful print from gbock. Ummm...I'm feeling a little insecure here...just a wee bit inferior. There's no way I can produce something this fine. Oiy. Tomorrow's the day I print, so we'll see how things go, but DAMN Gerhard, did you have to place the standard so high?

Art.

This is what I'm afraid of in my group. I've only recently started printing VDB's again...oh well, best foot forward right? :)

CarlRadford
11-21-2005, 11:31 AM
Finely printed and beautifully presented. The density in the black border is something that I appear to be missing on some of mine although this could be to do with the differing methods and solutions. The print really makes the image on this site appear pale and lifeless in comparison to the real thing! Thank you very much Gerhard for a wonderful gift - it has made my day and more...

gbock
11-21-2005, 11:45 AM
Finely printed and beautifully presented. The density in the black border is something that I appear to be missing on some of mine although this could be to do with the differing methods and solutions. The print really makes the image on this site appear pale and lifeless in comparison to the real thing! Thank you very much Gerhard for a wonderful gift - it has made my day and more...

Carl,

And your comments made MY day!

In my experience, the Dmax depends more on the paper than on anything else. Your print is on Arches Platine, which for my purposes is the best pt paper available. (I know that others have reported problems with massive black spots caused by iron impurities in the paper but luckily I've never had that particular problem, except for an occasional spot.) I've tried quite a few other papers but none of them seems to produce blacks quite as dense as Platine.

The solution used was 90% palladium and 10% platinum, applied with a brush. The print was developed in potassium oxalate. All pretty straightforward stuff.

Thanks again, Carl!

Gerhard

Allen Friday
11-21-2005, 12:25 PM
Today I received Gerhard Bock's 4x5 Pt/pl print. It is beautiful. Love the tones. He posted the photo in the gallery--and while it looks good in JEPG, the actual print is wonderful. It proves to me that the web cannot do justice to a really fine print.

Well done Gerhard. I should have mine ready to send out the first week of Dec.

Thanks,

Allen

gr82bart
11-21-2005, 12:40 PM
GAWD! Curse you Gerhard!

OK, so tell me - did you use the Photographer's Formulary Kit or equivalent? I got nowhere near the same denisty - particularly the 'blackness'. Damn, Gerhard! Tell me the password! Tell me now!

Just for the record, I also want to curse Jeremy for getting me interested in stuff and Carl for scheming up a way to actually get me to do this. Now I'm addicted, and since my rock is poor quality, cut with talcum powder, I want the pharmaceutical grade stuff. Like Gerhards...

ARGH!

Art (The saga continues...)

gr82bart
11-21-2005, 12:42 PM
All pretty straightforward stuff.Oh sure. Gloat why don't you? A pox on your nose.

Art.

photomc
11-21-2005, 12:50 PM
Art, allow me to help move the curve if you will...PM me your address and I will send you one of my prints...then you can fill better. My will be no where near as nice as Gerhards...but I do agree with you his work is very, very nice...have admired it for some time now.

GAWD! Curse you Gerhard!

OK, so tell me - did you use the Photographer's Formulary Kit or equivalent? I got nowhere near the same denisty - particularly the 'blackness'. Damn, Gerhard! Tell me the password! Tell me now!

Just for the record, I also want to curse Jeremy for getting me interested in stuff and Carl for scheming up a way to actually get me to do this. Now I'm addicted, and since my rock is poor quality, cut with talcum powder, I want the pharmaceutical grade stuff. Like Gerhards...

ARGH!

Art (The saga continues...)