PDA

View Full Version : Alt process print exchange?--#1

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13

gr82bart
11-27-2005, 06:58 AM
I can't wait to get back home and see Carl's print. I have a couple more to print, but I feel very insecure about sending them. Be kind people when you get them!

Art.

MenacingTourist
11-29-2005, 11:51 AM
I managed to get one semi-acceptable print on Friday and two complete failures. I chased the light all day and have't seen it since. It's snowing as I write this so I'm going to try and find someone with a UV tanning unit...

photomc
11-29-2005, 12:43 PM
Well for better or worse, my prints went out yesterday...except for Art's ... would be happy to send you one, but need your address.

Michael Slade
11-29-2005, 05:54 PM
I managed to get one semi-acceptable print on Friday and two complete failures. I chased the light all day and have't seen it since. It's snowing as I write this so I'm going to try and find someone with a UV tanning unit...

Depending on what you're printing, you can come over and use my plate burner if you want.

I am developing my VDB's in the kitchen sink with larger trays in the bathtub.

No darkroom yet, but I have everything else.

If you're doing any other process you'd have to bring your own gear.

You could pick up your 120 reels then too. ;)

donbga
11-29-2005, 06:12 PM
Well for better or worse, my prints went out yesterday...except for Art's ... would be happy to send you one, but need your address.

Attention Group 4. Your prints were mailed today!

Thanks,

Don Bryant

gr82bart
11-29-2005, 06:31 PM
Well for better or worse, my prints went out yesterday...except for Art's ... would be happy to send you one, but need your address.I did PM you my address a few weeks ago. I will PM again.

Regards, Art.

Aggie
11-29-2005, 06:37 PM
I got a sort of ok test print made and another one that was acceptable before the clouds set in. We have a storm headed our way.

MenacingTourist
11-29-2005, 06:38 PM
Michael,

You are too kind!
Evenings and weekends work best for me. When do you have time?
Thanks!

Alan.

Depending on what you're printing, you can come over and use my plate burner if you want.

I am developing my VDB's in the kitchen sink with larger trays in the bathtub.

No darkroom yet, but I have everything else.

If you're doing any other process you'd have to bring your own gear.

You could pick up your 120 reels then too. ;)

Michael Slade
11-29-2005, 06:43 PM
Evenings after 6-ish are good. Thursday afternoon/evening would be good. This Saturday would also be good. There's a Maverick on the corner, so getting beverages to keep us up all night won't be a problem. ;)

photomc
11-29-2005, 06:52 PM
I did PM you my address a few weeks ago. I will PM again.

Regards, Art.

Sorry, it figures...have not been getting all of my PM's lately...must be on someone's list :o Will get the the mail...Thanks,

Ole
11-30-2005, 02:39 AM
Snowing heavily all through the expected two hours of possible sunlight again.

Where did I put that greenhouse lighting unit, I wonder? It's not in the greenhouse...

donbga
11-30-2005, 09:07 PM
Don't fret Mark, I just got lucky (or maybe all the testing Lee had me work on is starting to pay off) but I had made a negative that prints well with the Ziatypes as well as on silver. Just finished washing the last prints and they are drying. Now to get them ready to send out this weekend and in the mail. Made 20+ prints in the past 3 days, silver and alt. process...more production than I have ever had.
Hi everyone,

I just received Mike's ziatype in the mail today and it was great! Looks like his hard work testing has paid off in spades!.

Don Bryant

gbock
11-30-2005, 09:50 PM
I just received Mike's ziatype in the mail today and it was great! Looks like his hard work testing has paid off in spades!

I received Mike's print today as well. What a beautiful ziatype. I love the neutral gray tones.

Gerhard

nze
12-01-2005, 03:13 AM
I alreasy have the print , but yesterday I find a new great paper to print on. So I make another print for this exchange. I will ship mine at last on monday

photomc
12-01-2005, 07:01 AM
Don and Gerhard, Thank You very much for your kind comments. Also received Gerhard's print yesterday and all the comments about it have been well deserved. Such a nice warm feeling to it, and a great illustration of how a 4x5 print can work as a contact print.

Ole
12-01-2005, 02:29 PM
Beautiful print received from Peter Schrager.

I've reverted to paper/chemistry tests, have great hopes for the current combination...

Kerik
12-01-2005, 10:55 PM
but yesterday I find a new great paper to print on.Ok, Nze. Give it up... What did you find??

John_Brewer
12-02-2005, 02:36 PM
Yay, all mine are now printed and will be in the hands of the Post Office on Monday!

J

matt miller
12-02-2005, 02:41 PM
Mine were posted a few hours ago.

photomc
12-02-2005, 06:37 PM
You know the best thing about a print exchange this time of year is it make Christmas last a lot longer :D Came home from work today, to find a really nice tri-colored gum from Don Bryant - WOW. It is so cool, and I have read about gum prints, but have never seen one before....now I have one ;) of my own. Thanks Don, a very fine image. Thank you.