PDA

View Full Version : Pictured Rocks Gathering - October 6-9, 2011

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4

billschwab
10-03-2011, 07:22 PM
Not sure if anyone has looked at the forecast for the weekend, but if it holds as planned, we're in for a treat weather wise. In fact, it might be too good. Sun and 70s all three days.

Hope these words aren't spoken too soon...

Panoman617
10-06-2011, 08:15 AM
Well hope you all have a great time. Just got back. Bill I droped off the maps for you at the Day's Inn desk.

jamie young
10-06-2011, 08:28 AM
One of my favorite places to go. Wish I was closer. Last time I was there I rented a mountain bike at grand isle and and rode the perimeter trail with my camera and lenses in a backpack. It was great and I would highly recommend it

jamie young
10-06-2011, 08:33 AM
Another great photo hike is from Miners beach to Mosquito falls. Boat tour is worth doing as well.

Andrew Moxom
10-06-2011, 01:46 PM
I just checked into the Days Inn.... getting my bearings. syncing up with Jim... and then find a beer somewhere. Been on the road since 6am central

eskyone
10-06-2011, 02:10 PM
Munising!

Toffle
10-06-2011, 03:46 PM
Checked in!
Now to find the others. (and some beer)

Jerry Basierbe
10-10-2011, 06:46 AM
That was a fun trip!

Jerry

Gim
10-10-2011, 06:56 AM
Sure was...looking forward to developing some film. I'm optimistic.

Jim

Toffle
10-10-2011, 07:44 AM
It was great to see you guys, if only for a short while. Unfortunately, the gathering coincided with a family weekend that was too good to pass up. I did get a few sheets of film that gave good test prints. The serious printing will begin later.

billschwab
10-10-2011, 08:54 AM
What a great time!

It was really good to see everyone and hang out on the rocks with some great shooters. Could the weather have been any better?! Back in Detroit where I have my film all lined up on the counter and ready to soup. I have high hopes of some fine photographs!

Thanks for the maps, Jim!

Where to next, everyone? :)

Andrew Moxom
10-10-2011, 08:55 AM
Agreed...... Great trip. I rolled back into the Twin Cities about 3:15pm and was wiped! Now comes the task of developing 13 rolls of film..... We need to do more of these types of trips!!
Maybe north shore MN in early February if the ice is good??

deisenlord
10-10-2011, 09:02 AM
:-(
Looking forward to seeing the results.
Ike

Marc Akemann
10-10-2011, 09:16 AM
Also looking forward to seeing everyone's results. I had a blast the whole time.....except when I missed lunch on Saturday (my fault).....and when I left my vehicle's remote in Sean's van (my fault). Everything else was awesome. My E6 film is already sent out and I'm taking care of the rest of the film this week.

I also agree...we need to do more of these trips! -Marc

eskyone
10-10-2011, 09:22 AM
I had a great time as well. Wonderful experience and it was great to meet everyone. My hope - a couple of fine images. Andy - wife thought the bad lands would be cool. :) I think that is the green light!

Toffle
10-10-2011, 09:58 AM
I'm pleased to report that my "Jim Galli" shutter worked reasonably well. Thirty years of teaching high-school music didn't hurt; counting sixteenth notes is a good way to estimate fractions of a second.

Jerry Basierbe
10-10-2011, 10:04 AM
I have to cut the grass tonight. But I hope to get a couple of rolls processed tonight before the Lions game tonight.

Jerry

Lee L
10-10-2011, 10:27 AM
I also had a wonderful time. Great people and very fine shooting. Thanks to Bill for the kick start and finding the motel discount.

I should have followed Andrew home to Mpls. I drove over 9 hours that included three separate 30 minute stretches of standing nearly still on 75/23 at construction bottlenecks.

The B&W rolls are all lined up (+ one in the camera waiting to finish), and I'm considering the agx lab that Sean uses up in Sault for the E6. (Should'a dropped them on the way home.)

We owe Sean thanks for the great spot out west, and we also owe him some thoughts on printing. Jim was right, the road we were on before our last turn goes out nearer the bluff and rock where the divers and dog were swimming to the west of us.

Thanks to others for the refreshing beverages.

Can't commit to future trips, but will do what I can to make any.

Lee

Panoman617
10-10-2011, 12:38 PM
It's good to here the maps worked out for you Bill. Wish I could have stayed up their longer and go out and shoot with you guys. I'm off to Elk Garden WV this Wednsday. Going to try to get some photos up in the mountains.

billschwab
10-10-2011, 10:41 PM
Hey Guys!

Got the movie done from the weekend. Hope y'all like it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A-cwCg05yX0