PDA

View Full Version : Postcard Exchange Round 24 - Comments and Feedback

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13]

Mike Wilde
03-01-2012, 07:14 AM
Rai's print arrived. Very neat deckling (I think that is the term for the fluted edges). Yes, a pinhole, my mind said before reading the description. Nice absttraction of two human faces. The toner colur, and low key approach work quite well. The stiffness of the paper the image is printed in is great for this application as well. Isn't amazing how our brains are wired to study faces every chance we get? Well done, Rai.

Roger Thoms
03-01-2012, 08:36 PM
I also received Rai's postcard, simply outstanding. So nice to get an alt process print, love the tones, the paper, the image, everything about it.

Roger

kraker
03-03-2012, 06:13 AM
Two more received since my last update (which, frankly, has been a while):

Black Dog, another frame in the series of moments gathered from coincidence. Mine is an evening/night shot of the city, buildings, lights, and a lot of random camera-movements. Makes for a very interesting photo!
rai, open and closed. What can I say but "Wow!"? This is a great photo, and a great print. Absolutely great, love it.

Thanks!
And with that, if I'm not mistaken, I've received 23 out of 25, an excellent score.

Laurent
03-03-2012, 07:33 AM
I received Rai's postcard this week. Interesting pinhole closeup, and the print is very nice !

mooseontheloose
03-07-2012, 02:16 AM
Rai's card was waiting for me when I got back home from my trip -- a wonderful pinhole image of two faces. Like others have mentioned, the subjects, framing, VanDyke-ing, paper and work well together to create a great image overall. Thanks -- definitely worth the wait!

rai
03-10-2012, 01:10 PM
Thanks for the feedback! I feel good! Thank you all for the beautiful cards I've received! I could not participate on round 25... too late for me! and the round 26 ... ?

Oxleyroad
05-10-2012, 05:40 AM
Got two more cards from this round in the last two months.

rai - Open and Closed. I was really impressed with this one. I have had the idea of sending this or cyantypes for a couple of exchanges, but not gotten round to it. The two ever so detailed, but yet soft faces.
Blackdog - A moment gathered from coincidence. lovely image of the young girl. I like the square frame images.

27arrived from 30. Brilliant round this one.

FotoGys
08-16-2012, 12:59 PM
Last week I received, meanwhile unexpected, the postcard from Jeff smith. I love this nice shot off the Cleveland Museum of Art. Nice composition, tonal view and a interesting overview from its Gardens.

So I can only invite Harry Pulley, Isaac Sachs and Mark Barendt to suprise me with there postcard since then my list of 30 will be complete.
Looking forward.

Regards,

Guus IJzereef

piu58
08-19-2012, 01:06 AM
During my vacation my letter box received two more cards:
- A beautiful stree shot from labcout. I very like the compisition of this photograph.
- A magic IR shot from anikin: The frozent trio. Very interesting!

George Nova Scotia
08-30-2012, 12:39 AM
Received a week or so ago from htimsdj "Cleveland Museum of Art". It's never too late to sent out cards! Looks like a very interesting place, not just for the artwork but the play of light, shadows and reflections add so much. The changes throughout the day and seasons must make it a very interesting place to visit.