PDA

View Full Version : Postcard Exchange Round 24 - Comments and Feedback

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

rst
10-19-2011, 05:47 AM
Must remind the house elves to keep an eye open!Hang on, let me look up which card I sent to you ... ha! That subject should stand the elves :)

JamesDean
10-19-2011, 12:49 PM
Choosing a neg was fine. Printing 50 odd copies was no problem. Hand writing the messages and addresses was OK...

Going to the post office was HELL. Still, it's done now. Good luck on receiving them!

Cheers,

James.

kraker
10-19-2011, 04:51 PM
2nd, 3rd and 4th postcard received today from Mike Wilde, three very nice images, as always amazing to see what you can do with old paper. I like all three images, each has its own merits, each breathes its own atmosphere. If I had to choose, I would agree with my fellow countryman FotoGys: first dip of the year. Joyful is indeed the right description for that shot.

hpulley
10-19-2011, 06:33 PM
I too got Mike Wilde's 3 cards, thanks! And like the others the first dip is great, love the scene of the trio and always love to see the old papers.

Got the Bean too, great reflections and interesting moment to capture. Thanks!

Still haven't done mine...

rst
10-20-2011, 01:44 AM
Received Mike Wildes three-pack yesterday. I would agree with the others, First dip is my favorite over the other two images. Thanks Mike!

Cheers
Ruediger

drpsilver
10-20-2011, 11:10 PM
20 Oct 2011

The care from piu58 (Uwe Pilz) is wonderful. The feeling age and conflict are very strong. Great tones and super sharp!
The card from JRollinger was immediately recognized. I has at the very same place in July for a wedding (and photography). "The Bean" or "Cloud's Rest" is a really neat place to visit (as well as study the physics of mirrors).
Of the three prints from Mike Wilde I like "First Dip of the Year".

Lastly, I am hoping the get some darkroom time this weekend. I hope to have my cards out by month end.

Regards,
Darwin

Rom
10-21-2011, 02:13 AM
Dear all,

I receive my first card from Ruediger this morning. Luftpost is fast :)

Ruediger, very nice postcard and a discovery for me. Indeed, Germans are very king with our "dog friend".

The landscapes behind is beautiful and "zen".

Thanks a lot :)

I am printing mine and posting them this week-end.

All the best

Rom

kraker
10-21-2011, 02:45 AM
Received rst's Aliens yesterday. Recognised it as Rüdigers card just by seeing and feeling the type of paper; it's the same paper you used in the previous round, isn't it?

Nice minimalistic, graphic subject. They are among us!

rst
10-21-2011, 09:21 AM
... it's the same paper you used in the previous round, isn't it?Yes it is and I hope you like it since I am going to use this paper for the next rounds too. My standard paper right now is Ilford MG WT FB, but this paper comes second and does not stress my wallet as much as the Ilford does. And in fact, it is a total different paper, more on the neutral side.

Cheers
Ruediger

kraker
10-21-2011, 09:26 AM
Yes it is and I hope you like it

I like it a lot, so please keep using it in future exchanges. But not without telling us which paper it is. ;)

Trond
10-21-2011, 12:14 PM
Five cards in the mailbox today!

A photo of a beautiful baby girl from JamesDean. I love this one!

rst has sent a very nice photograph of stranded jellyfish. Well printed too on Adox Fineprint Classic, a paper I should try out sometime.

Also the envelope from Mike Wilde containing three cards. Great situation captured in "The first dip of the year" I also like the Old Homestead, especially with the story behind it.

Thanks!
Trond

J Rollinger
10-22-2011, 04:06 PM
Received "Baby Charlotte" today from James Dean... Very moving image and story! Im glad shes doing well.

drpsilver
10-22-2011, 11:22 PM
22 Oct 2011

I also received JamesDean's card "Baby Charlotte". Congratulations for the newest member of your family.:) What a story, and challenge. Growing from 660 gm (1.5 lb) must have been a miracle to watch. I am happy that she is doing well. This is my favorite card in this round thus far.

Regards,
Darwin

ozphoto
10-22-2011, 11:26 PM
The Bean & Jellyfish arrived this week!

I remember seeing The Bean when I was doing a photoshoot for a hotel in Chicago a couple of years back - I'[d love to get back there!
And the Jellyfish reminds me so much of the beach scenes back in Adelaide, Australia - my hometown.

markbarendt
10-23-2011, 09:12 PM
Fun stuff so far, keep 'EM coming.

Mine are printed and drying, yea!

Laurent
10-24-2011, 01:44 AM
This week I received :

JamesDean's Baby Charlotte. Very nice portrait of a newborn.

rst's Jellyfish. I love the lines of the shore, as well as the presence of the jellyfish. The paper is very nice, and feels "right" (hope the Ilfobrom I just got is as nice)

Mike Wilde envelope with three small prints. Again very nice images, and very nice vintage papers !

Thanks to you three

rst
10-24-2011, 03:33 AM
In the meantime I also got James Deans nice baby portrait. Thanks.

And thanks for the kind comments for my selection of subjects for this round.

Cheers
Ruediger

FotoGys
10-24-2011, 02:21 PM
Due to some physical problems it will take a bit of time to print and post my cards.

Hopefully I can send them in about 1-2 weeks, so they'll come but bit later then I intended to.

Thanks for your understanding

Guus

ozphoto
10-25-2011, 07:42 AM
My mail consisted only of postcards today! Wonderful.

Mike Wilde's 3 wonderful cards - all great papers - I love old paper too;
James Dean's beautiful baby girl

And a ring-in from Round 20!:)

Flooding here making it difficult to get to a post office - when I can reach one safely, they'll be in the mail.

kraker
10-25-2011, 07:49 AM
I've also received James Dean's baby girl card. Thanks.