PDA

View Full Version : Postcard Exchange Round 24 - Comments and Feedback

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13

mooseontheloose
12-26-2011, 05:26 AM
Well, I got a nice Christmas surprise in the mailbox over the weekend:

Trond's "Ash" makes you think twice about what the scene's about.

Marianne's two young fiddlers is a nicely captured moment -- I like the look the older girl is giving the camera!

Ryan's "Sleeping Beauty" has beautiful texture in the snow and makes me miss home.

Andrew's South Park, CO is another great landscape, although I particularly like the clouds.

Thanks everyone!

markbarendt
12-26-2011, 05:30 AM
I want to say thanks too for all the cards that came lately, been enjoying these little surprises!

guitstik
12-26-2011, 05:33 AM
Ok, when is 25 gonna hit the shelves? I'm chomping at the bit to participate seeing as I missed the last round. I have 50 prints ready and waiting to be mailed :laugh:

mooseontheloose
12-26-2011, 06:19 AM
January 1: sign up

February (early): send your prints!

I haven't missed any rounds recently but I'm eager for the next one to start as well!

piu58
12-30-2011, 01:05 PM
In the last few weeks I received some cards:
Laurents slightly enigmatic image of its Merry g round project,
Okleyroad's Magic pudding figures: Nice story behind this photograph!
George Richard's Gate of Halifax: I like the contrast between the bright and very dark stones
Trond's "Ash": An image which gives to much think about.

Today I found two more cards in my letterbox:
Andrew's South Park Colorado, taken with a 4x5" camera. I used a loupe to enjoy the colossal amount of details
Nanette’s Australian Rules football: Great image! My wife likes it too.

14 answers of 25 so far.

Aron
12-30-2011, 03:26 PM
I haven't posted for quite some time while in the meantime I've received some more cards:

Rachelle's lovelely "Sunrise over Bagan". Besides the landscape, I really like the balloons and that tiny Zorki-4 sticker :) on the back. Over the postcard exchange rounds I collected quite a few of your special HIE images which look beautiful when placed next to each other.

TJ Ooi's card.

Trond's Ash. Definitely the kind of image which makes me think a lot.

Ryan's Sleeping Beauty, a classic, great composition.

Jake's portrait, with a good depth in it. I also like the vibration between the girl's sweatshirt and the background.

Thanks!

Oxleyroad
12-31-2011, 07:44 AM
Happy new year every one.

I'm in for the same number of cards for the next round please Ruediger.:)

Oxleyroad
12-31-2011, 09:30 PM
Two more cards in since.

Ryan's Sleeping Beauty. Reminds me of the winter alpine hikes I used to do here in Victoria before the youngsters came onto the scene.
kraker Rodent Crossing. I had to look at his card several times before I saw t he rat... I must have been blind.

I now have 16/30 in.

rst
01-01-2012, 06:54 AM
Happy New Year to all of you!

I just want to let you all know, sign-in for round 25 is open now: Click! (http://www.apug.org/forums/forum179/99995-postcard-exchange-round-25-sign.html)

Cheers
Ruediger

Oxleyroad
01-03-2012, 05:50 AM
Andrew's - Southpark arrived today. Thanks.

17/30 now.

MattKing
01-04-2012, 12:01 AM
I have received another excellent card:

Trond - "Ash" - This looks so mysterious - and the print glows!

16 down, 12 to go.

Thanks to all for participating!

markrewald
01-04-2012, 12:17 PM
Have to apologize (again) my cards will be late. They are currently drying and need to be pressed. Hopefully by the end of the week they will go out.

MattKing
01-04-2012, 08:32 PM
And yet another excellent card:

andrew.vartabedian - "South Park, Colorado" - A vintage look to a 4x5 contact print. I almost expect to see herds of buffalo (probably geographically incorrect)

17 down, 11 to go.

Oxleyroad
01-05-2012, 05:00 AM
Another card in

Trond - 'Ash'. The image draws you in. And thanks for the stamp of the bear. My 3 year old loves bears at present.

18 in, 12 to go.

piu58
01-06-2012, 10:29 AM
Yesterday I got a very fine card – Gang from Andres Palm. I love these disguised children. Recht vielen Dank!

kraker
01-06-2012, 03:29 PM
It is possible that there's still a card stuck between all the Season's Greetings somewhere, but I believe I have received two since my last update:
Trond's "Ash", a strong image, well printed.
ndrs's "Gang", a scary bunch, these two!

Thank you both.

MattKing
01-06-2012, 10:13 PM
I too received:

ndrs - "Gang" - I really like the eyes!
17 down, 11 to go.

FotoGys
01-07-2012, 07:21 AM
Status update as per 7-1-2012:

First of all I wish you all the best for 2012.

In the last weeks I received postcards of:
Trond, Marianne, Ryan, Andrew, Andres and Romain

I love these pictures, nice photographs, well composed, all different subjects, fine prints.

Thanks so far.

mooseontheloose
01-07-2012, 08:00 PM
Romain's early morning scene was the first postcard to arrive in the new year. Wish I had my mornings had me going by such vistas!

kraker
01-08-2012, 03:21 PM
It is possible that there's still a card stuck between all the Season's Greetings somewhere

...and indeed there was!

I've discovered that I have also received andrew.vartabedian's South Park, Colorado. Looks like a beautiful shot, but I wonder what has happened here: I just peeled off the zip code sticker that was stuck to the front side, and below that, I see the picture as it should be. The whole rest of the photo has a dull, smokey, brownish colour cast over it. Too bad, it really dulls down the whole picture. I'm tempted to see whether re-fixing and re-washing would help.

Anyway, a beautiful landscape it is.