PDA

View Full Version : I'm leaving Texas...

Resoman
10-06-2011, 10:57 AM
I'm leaving Texas and moving to Iowa. This pretty much means that my darkroom days are over, and I've posted my print washers for sale in the Classified section. The paper and chemistry that I have will go n/c to anyone who will come and pick the stuff up, and I'll take offers on everything else.
This move came up kind of suddenly, and I haven't had time to list all my equipment for sale. I'll put it up for sale after the move, I guess, unless some Texans are interested in taking a look.
I print with a wall mounted LPL 4500 XL with El Nikkor lenses, an 8' sink with Hass Intellifaucet, StopClock timer, etc. It'll all be for sale sooner or later, I'm sad to say...

Gary

Rick A
10-06-2011, 10:59 AM
Take it all with you if at all possible, work from a temporary set-up.

papagene
10-06-2011, 11:16 AM
+1... don't throw in the towel!

BetterSense
10-06-2011, 12:20 PM
Why are your darkroom days over? Is there some other life change going on?

I'm pretty sure they have dark in Iowa.

michaelbsc
10-06-2011, 12:37 PM
Why are your darkroom days over? Is there some other life change going on?

I'm pretty sure they have dark in Iowa.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure dark is universal too. All you have to do is take away the light and what's left is dark.

Couple of windows to cover. Maybe a little crack under a bathroom door to put a towel across. Presto. Dark.

Maybe not a big darkroom. But a darkroom none the less. A small darkroom is better than no darkroom.

stillsilver
10-06-2011, 12:51 PM
Yes, a small dr is better than no dr. Don't give up!

Mike

Resoman
10-06-2011, 01:06 PM
Thanks for the encouragement, but my withdrawal from the darkroom is, to a great extent, voluntary. I've built the nicest imaginable darkroom in my present home but just haven't used it much in the last five years. I'm retired and have the time for darkroom work, I suppose, but my creative energies have shifted from the visual arts to music, and I spend my discretionary time with an instrument in my hands, instead of a camera. Still, it's sad to think that I've made my last prints, but life goes on and music is what I want to do with my remaining years.
Thanks again for the kind words, I appreciate them...

Gary

Thomas Bertilsson
10-06-2011, 01:15 PM
Hope you find someone that loves having pieces of your darkroom, and good for you for following your heart.

It'll be good to have you closer to Minnesota again, Gary. Perhaps we could finally meet up some time to say hello. :)

Thanks for the encouragement, but my withdrawal from the darkroom is, to a great extent, voluntary. I've built the nicest imaginable darkroom in my present home but just haven't used it much in the last five years. I'm retired and have the time for darkroom work, I suppose, but my creative energies have shifted from the visual arts to music, and I spend my discretionary time with an instrument in my hands, instead of a camera. Still, it's sad to think that I've made my last prints, but life goes on and music is what I want to do with my remaining years.
Thanks again for the kind words, I appreciate them...

Gary

Resoman
10-07-2011, 08:49 AM
Hi, Thomas -

Good to hear from you! I'm sure I'll get to the Twin Cities now and then...

Gary

semi-ambivalent
10-07-2011, 10:22 AM
Still, it's sad to think that I've made my last prints, but life goes on and music is what I want to do with my remaining years.

If you're sad then perhaps you've not. As Thomas said, follow your heart, and enjoy. And I'll add don't second guess Life; she often has some tricks up her sleeve. :)

s-a

Allen Friday
10-07-2011, 11:54 AM
There are a few of us on here who live in iowa and have darkrooms. If the urge to print hits you, give one of us a call.