PDA

View Full Version : Christmas is here! (Emulsion Making DVD available at The Photographers Formulary)

Pages : [1] 2

Kirk Keyes
10-28-2011, 11:32 PM
http://stores.photoformulary.com/-strse-990/%22Photographic-Emulsion-Making%2C-Coating/Detail.bok

I saw an early edit of this DVD a couple years ago, and I've waited, and waited, and waited for it to be finalized and released. And now, that day has arrived.

I just placed my order.

Kirk

PS -

Ron - How to I get it autographed?

doughowk
10-29-2011, 05:37 AM
Have really been looking forward to this release. I enjoy pt/pd; but also want a glossy, hand-made paper. The Azo-like emulsion should be an excellent alternative. And glass-plate making is an extra bonus.
Thanks, Ron, for your efforts in putting this together.

c.d.ewen
10-29-2011, 10:01 AM
Whaa-hoo! The Postman beat the Snowman to my door! I'm huddling up with the DVD player for the weekend.

Hey, Ron: Does your wife know you're still wearing that same old lab coat in the Magnus Opus?
(You didn't think you I'd let you off scot free, did you? ;) )

Charley

Photo Engineer
10-29-2011, 06:34 PM
Charley;

Yes, she knows but not without complaint. That lab coat is not her fault, it is mine. Clumsiness in the lab shows how dangerous AgNO3 can be!!! ;) So, I show it to my students in the form of ruined lab coat and clothes. Don't forget the condition of my sweat shirt!!!

Autographs are available. Sorry, I did not think of that (old age I guess). Send me the cover insert from the front of either or both of the DVDs in an envelope and I will return them with autographs.

Thanks.

PE

Photo Engineer
11-03-2011, 07:27 PM
I am using the sale of the DVDs in the US as a model for the prospective sales of the book. This will give me a rough guesstimate of how many to order and etc....

I will be monitoring sales closely.

Thanks all.

PE

holmburgers
11-04-2011, 06:03 PM
FWIW, I'm waiting to buy the book & DVD together.

Afterall, you can only sell plasma twice a month....

:laugh:

Seriously though, I suspect others might be doing the same, but I don't know, just wanted to mention it.

Ken Nadvornick
11-04-2011, 11:54 PM
FWIW, I'm waiting to buy the book & DVD together...

...I suspect others might be doing the same, but I don't know, just wanted to mention it.

Shsssh... Don't breath a word of this to Ron... But I'm doing the same...

My last chemistry class was only a basic university-level inorganic one...

Back when most of the periodic table hadn't even been discovered yet...

I'm probably getting in way over my head...

But I'd really like to give this a good-faith try if it's at all possible...

I'll probably be ordering under a secret cover name...

Which kinda' ruins the autographed copy thing...

:bandit:

Anonymous

P.S. LOTS of people like that quote below! AND generously use the ellipsis character as an indicator of aposiopesis! It means nothing!

Kirk Keyes
11-05-2011, 01:46 AM
My disks arrived yesterday. I'll try to schedule some time with the family this weekend so I can watch uninterrupted!

holmburgers
11-07-2011, 01:04 PM
aposiopesis...

I learned a new word!

Photo Engineer
11-07-2011, 01:07 PM
Well..... Thats.....! Hmmm.......

PE

c.d.ewen
11-07-2011, 03:06 PM
Well..... Thats.....! Hmmm.......

PE

Inside joke:

"Ron really meant DOH!"

Charley

Photo Engineer
11-07-2011, 04:20 PM
Charley;

I really meant Orthochromatic! ;) Another inside joke.

PE

holmburgers
11-08-2011, 10:33 AM
And I though my jokes were bad

*yuk yuk yuk*

Photo Engineer
11-08-2011, 11:10 AM
They are! :D

holmburgers
11-08-2011, 11:41 AM
LOL!

:laugh:

Crashbox
11-21-2011, 09:39 AM
This is FANTASTIC!!!! Ordered my copy this morning- I'd love to have them autographed as well...

Seeing this thread made my week!

Jadedoto
11-21-2011, 08:33 PM
I'm begging for this for Christmas :D

Photo Engineer
11-21-2011, 09:28 PM
My aim for the book is Christmas. I am about 3/4ths done with the 3rd editor's comments and have 2 to go. It is NOT easy.

However, that said, book work is based on DVD sales.

PE

Crashbox
11-26-2011, 01:52 PM
I just had a chance to watch the DVDs- WOW!!! I sure wish I could get a copy of the "textbook" referred to in the videos, though... :-)

Photo Engineer
11-27-2011, 10:49 AM
I would like to thank you all for your interest and comments on the DVDs.

As for the book, it went through 5 editors who gave me many pages of corrections and suggested revisions. I am 90% done with the 3rd comment sheet and have 2 more to do so I hope to have the book in the hands of the printers by Christmas.

So, I hope you can look forward to an exciting read by year end.

PE