PDA

View Full Version : A Day out Shooting in December Year 2

Vincent Brady
11-08-2011, 03:11 PM
Following up from Peters prompt, how about a meet up for some picture taking in December. Possible dates would be Saturday 3rd, 10th, or 17th. Venue in Dublin - any suggestions and are you interested?

Cheers
Vincent

thefizz
11-09-2011, 12:58 AM
I'm on for this but can we go somewhere other than Dublin again? Martin recently suggested the Mourne mountains as he knows some nice locations there. There may be a bit walking involved so maybe it won't suit everyone. Can you give us more info Martin?

paulgallinule
11-09-2011, 05:08 PM
I'll try and make it along, depends on the date so hope to make it, I'm easy on locations I'll tag along.

martinhughesireland
11-10-2011, 02:16 PM
As Peter was saying: The Mourne Mountains could be an option if a few people were interested. We could do a walk up part of the Analong Valley. Its around a 4km walk up the valley and another 4km then back so 8km in total. In my opinion its possibly the nicest valley in the Mourne mountains with lots of picture opportunities. I brought another photography forum on this walk a few years ago and they enjoy it. It would be a full day in the mountains strolling along stopping to take pictures.

I have put a link to a map below that shows the track we could take. At the bottom of the map follow the dots with the dots taking the path off to the left

http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s121/mhughes1973/AnalongValleyMap.jpg

We could stay over night if people wanted in somewhere like Attical which is near enough by

Anyhow up to you
M

thefizz
11-10-2011, 04:33 PM
Sounds like a good day out to me and I'd be on for an overnight also.

paulgallinule
11-12-2011, 04:28 PM
Not sure if I can do an overnight but we'll see where the thread goes, it does sound good all the same.

epi
11-14-2011, 02:33 PM
Hi,
it sounds very good, wouldn't mind staying overnight.

c.u.
epi

thefizz
11-25-2011, 09:37 AM
There doesn't seem to be much interest in the Mourne's so any other suggestions as time is running out to arrange a meet in December.

Vincent Brady
11-26-2011, 02:34 PM
I wonder if the overnighting and treking aspect is putting people off. Thats why I thought a morning out some where in Dublin would be more attractive if not exactly adventurous.

MOPS
11-27-2011, 04:35 PM
I agree Vincent, I would not be interested in an overnight. The treking is not a problem though. I was up the three rock mountain a couple of months ago, when you get to the top there is a path that continues for a good while into the mountains, could do that in a morning, weather permitting, just an idea!....Brian