PDA

View Full Version : Please welcome a new boy

blakey
11-16-2011, 06:59 AM
Hi I spent a while looking at a resource to discuss Panoramic 3:1 ratio because I have just purchased a fuji gx617 and did not know what cable release to use.

I found you guys, made a mistake posting on the medium format thread and then discovered this one.

I hope I can offer input over time, and hope this forum is active as coming back from a Nikon D3s digital world I enjoyed taking 20 photos in a weekend, not a second.

I am UK based if anyone can offer some advice on the cable release for the GX617 would be really appreciated. I know its a dumb question most likely but I found you guys searching the answer, but alas still not the answer !!!

Looking forward to being a member

Tony

Konical
11-16-2011, 08:25 AM
Good Morning, Tony,

Welcome from Illinois, just across the Mississippi from St. Louis. Finding APUG should rate as your lucky break of the day. Someone here will no doubt be able to answer your question.

Konical

Klainmeister
11-16-2011, 09:00 AM
Welcome to the forum. I used the Fuji 6x17 some and any standard film camera cable release will work. I preferred a 20" or so, just because i liked to step back away when taking pictures.

Jeff Kubach
11-16-2011, 09:04 AM
Welcome to APUG! Yes any standard cable release, you might able to pick up a used one.

Jeff

blakey
11-16-2011, 10:10 AM
Standard cable release it is thanks.

Sirius Glass
11-16-2011, 04:00 PM
welcome to APUG!!

Steve