PDA

View Full Version : The Kaprelian Camera Collection Auction - Nov 19th, 2011

kerne
11-18-2011, 08:13 AM
(I'm not associated with Fuller's, I just thought this was cool.)

http://www.fullersllc.com/

Fuller's Auctions is selling the Kaprelian Camera collection on Nov 19th. Hundreds of great classic cameras. I'm impressed with the variety. Leica's to Rollei's to old Graflex's and militaria.

Pupfish
11-26-2011, 07:40 PM
Interesting to see how much stuff is and isn't selling for too, looking at the realized prices. Some really nice looking and unusual cameras went for what seemed like a pittance. Better time to be a buyer than a seller, I'd say. Sadly I missed this til it was over.

PS-- I thought the name of the estate sounded familiar. Ed Kaprelian was the Chief Engineer for Kalart for many years and quite the gregarious collector apparently. He also was head of the stateside collection of the Leica/Leitz factory which had been appropriated by the US Army from the Nazis toward the end of WWII... interesting history.

Sirius Glass
11-26-2011, 08:10 PM
Thank you. I never knew about that route to satisfy my GAS!

Dan Fromm
11-28-2011, 07:11 PM
He also was head of the stateside collection of the Leica/Leitz factory which had been appropriated by the US Army from the Nazis toward the end of WWII... interesting history.Wasn't it the Zeiss collection?