Thanks. No, the part that has lightened was that part that wasn't covered. KBT first then KRST. It became lighter. The part that was covered didn't receive KBT. When KRST was applied to this portion, it did extend the black. Brown toner itself made the density at the dark part lower, so it became lighter. Changes in density at highlight area weren't that obvious. (color change was)
It would have been easier if I could post the image but I am not able to scan it to really show what I want to show, so I didn't. Thank you for your idea though.
It's been said that when using a brown toner it can result in a more fragile emulsion afterward, but I've never used any additional hardener and haven't ran into any issues. I don't throw my prints around but I don't baby them either.
The only brown toner issues I've run into were related to not using distilled water with Viradon. But this residue, if it even appears, is fairly easy to deal with after the fact.
Most recently I've been running my toned (RC) prints through a hardening fixer bath after toning is complete (between two washes). It is hard to tell whether it is having an effect, but I have had problems in the past with print surfaces being vulnerable.
Ok tkamiya, did not read your post correctly. I'll think some more, if I come up with anything will let you know.
I made some progress but still not right.
I have been toning the whole print lightly with Selenium 1:40 for 2 minutes. Then cover with rubber cement and brown for 3 to 4 minutes. This is quite frustrating. My coloring is getting closer than before and I am now able to manage the density. My last one had an issue with rubber cementing certain portion not being quite accurate.... arghhhh! Brown is still little redder than I'd like but I can let that go.