Thanks for your honesty. Having re-read my original post, I can understand why you believe that I "don't really understand what he is [I'm] doing". What I wanted to know was, as I knew that it would have an effect, was to what extent it would be a problem. I am sorry for any offence that I have caused you.
No problem - my only concern is that not all photographic processes are as innocuous as Ilfosol and fixer. For example adding acid fixer to sulfide toner will generate a highly poisonous gas. This is why it is important to know what you are doing at all times. Having taught chemistry and various labs it is always those who don't read the directions carefully that get injured.