Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,910   Posts: 1,584,673   Online: 848

Blog Comments

• |
    I know a pro that uses polaroids to check exposure/lighting for studio photos, and he just uses the Fujifilm version.
    • |
    Pictures will be up in about 3 weeks when the camera is back from the shop after more modifications.
    • |
    This is all well and fine but ... how about a photo of the beast? Snorting fire and all!
    • |
    Yes, 20x24 is a BEAST of a camera, no matter how it is made.

It needs to work well, and then it will take time to get used to.

GOOD LUCK!

Corey
    • |
    I would probably be slower using my Nikon F, because I am sometimes anal about metering every shot, no matter if the weather has changed or not. In a studio, with controlled lighting, if metering is not a problem for him, he can get to it pretty fast.
    • |
    Well I pray for him every day ;-)
    • |
    I thought you meant he had passed away. I was all set to pray for his soul. Perhaps I still should.
    • |
    I hope you didn't take it the wrong way. I was saying that the 35mm shooters who shoot slower than with a Sinar must be out of shape, no matter what the environment.
    • |
    I will pass on Your comment to him.

As for the the speed. He is lightning fast on his Sinar. I have tried to learn what he is doing, but he is too fast. And anybody can shoot from the hip with a digital Nikon or Canon, but that is not what I am writing about. I am writing about photographers that want to get the best possible image directly out of the camera. In order to spend less time in PhotoShop.
    • |
    Gosh that sounded like me, except that I am still going with my Sinar in the studio shooting and processing my 4x5 color transparencies. I switched to Fuji 4x5 color instant film (FP-100C45) and all of a sudden my "tests" got a whole lot better. That Fuji is great instant film. Anybody that would "quit" just because one of two instant film vendors closed up I think really wanted to go to digital anyway.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin