Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,565   Posts: 1,545,343   Online: 1014

Blog Comments

• |
    Heck, some of us can make those kind of mistakes when we're not jet-lagged. It's just that I hate to lose a roll of film, as you do also.
    • |
    I actually have a Canonet QL17, but the light seals are screwed up at the moment. Gotta get around to fixing those so I may reenter rangefinder land.
    • |
    Ash, Sidearm, do not pine for for Swedish perfection. Take one week's lunch money down to the camera store and buy a Canonet QL17 for about $25. Yes, it was made 40 years ago, but there are millions out there, and most of them still work. You will have a pro-quality lens in a fast, practical camera body. Not as wide as a 60 on 6x6, of course, but wide enough to feel wide if you use it thoughtfully. And, competitive with any single camera-lens combination I can think of .... don't let lens lust destroy your young life, Sidearm! Go and Shoot!
    • |
    Hm, as for an assignment for yourself, have you seen the movie "Smoke" with Harvey Keitel? Check it out, I cannot find a better and interesting example of a photographic assignment.
    • |
    I let myself guided by what I see around me in other words I find that every type of environment has some kind of appeal (photographic that is); As suggested I carry a camera with me at all times and shoot what inspires me, whether landscape, cityscape or people. Love for the medium and a genuine pleasure to share what I see/ feel with other people is what drives me out of the house. Unfortunately having to work 9-5 leaves me very little time to shoot
    • |
    You will likely get more suggestions by posting this in the forum. Or doing a search--I do believe this topic has come up before.

Here is my suggestion--just carry a camera with you at all times (I carry a Holga) and shoot something every day, regardless of how mundane it may seem. I find that after a few rolls of this, a "theme" appears than I can focus on.
    • |
    Best wishes to you as well.

APUG is indeed addictive.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin