by, 12-16-2010 at 12:19 AM (585 Views)
i boiled 4 cups of water at 9pm
i put coffee in the pestle 3 times
ground it by hand with a mortar
dumping it into the 4 cups.
it boiled, then sat for 2 hours ...
the coffee smelled kind of nice.
it wasn't the burnt rubber tire
i was warned about.
as the coffee rested and cooled
i took out the graflex and taped the 23 roll
back to it. i wasn't sure what film was in it
but there were 7 exposures so i used them up.
available light, hand held 2 or 3 second exposures.
probably not the best situation but it was just to see
if the coffee worked ...
i let the brew sit over night
and today at about 9am i
filtered the sediment out.
i brought it to the DR and mixed
in amounts of washing soda and vit c,
about the same amounts i usually add ...
i mixed in a little a130 as well to reduce fog ...
i took film out of the back, it was efke 25 ...
and spooled it. i poured the developer in
and left for about 1/2 hour.
the film is done now
there are images ...
some are faint some are dense ..
probably because of my short exposures
they probably should have been close to 10seconds, not 3.
next time i will roast the beans darker