Pix of your home-built cams, mods and creations here please (part 2)
This large thread has been split. The original can be found here: http://www.apug.org/forums/forum147/...re-please.html
The original thread post by nick mulder:
we don’t all have access to the tech gallery so I thought it would be nice to have a thread here where we can upload snaps of our home-built cameras/mods/creations - in all states of disrepair and/or completion ...
I am building a 4x5 at the mo' and am starting on the bellows today - although I don’t have an example pic to get the ball rolling yet I would love to see everyone else’s creations no matter how prototype, slash job, 'typical', copied, weird or fantastically crafted they are - I think it would be great to share ideas and skills as we already are but with a few more pics to give those without the crafts vocab (such as myself a few months back) a visual understanding and inspiration also..
I'm into MF and soon LF but anything is good as I'm sure there will be cross-pollination of ideas between the formats...
>> pinhole - panorama - 35mm - MF - LF - ULF - darkroom/contact gear - tripods - accessories/helpers - parts - unique fixes - etc << all good
I *promise* to upload some pics of mine once complete (hopefully soon) - I just don’t have a digital cam on hand...
maybe it could be a drop-folder kind of thing where other threads discussing the aspects of building can link/reference ?
Polaroid 110A with 600SE adapter
A friend sent me an old 110A, believing I could revive it to actually taking pictures again. I pondered on many 4x5 conversion solutions, ending up looking long and good at Noah Schwartz´low profile back, very slick. I did however end up taking an easier route, grafting a Polaroid 600SE back adapter to the 110A, making it almost as versatile as anything with a Graflok back, only slightly smaller Can now mount just about anything up to 6x9 in 120/220 with the right adapter, not to mention Polaroid backs (like the CB103 pack film back on her now), and even 4x5 (though not covering the frame completely).
The hardest part was manufacturing the adapter plate. I made one that both functions as a mount for the adapter, but is also the side wall of the camera (where the end has been chopped off). The film plane has as a result of the plate and the 600SE adapter been moved back an inch or so, so the end stop for the lens has been moved back correspondingly.
The camera was a bit worse for wear, so she´s been given a good going over. The Ysaron in Compur #0 shutter was a bit gummed up, so exchanged for a Tominon in Copal #1 press shutter. Needed to widen the mount for that. I recovered her in Cameraleather green composite leather (comes in sheets). The top cover has been chopped too, filled, sanded and painted cream. I think she looks quite nice.
Polaroid 110A conversion front #2 by Eirik0304, on Flickr
Polaroid 110A conversion front #1 by Eirik0304, on Flickr
Polaroid 110A conversion back #2 by Eirik0304, on Flickr
Polaroid 110A conversion back #1 by Eirik0304, on Flickr
Polaroid 110A conversion back #3 by Eirik0304, on Flickr
6x9 Bakelite camera converted to wide angle