FS: I promise you will never hear these words...
When you get something new (or new to you), you're proud of it, yes? Of course you are. Otherwise you wouldn't have bought it. And sometimes it is irritating to hear somebody say something like "Ah, Jon...nice sweater. I buried a dead cat in one like that last year."
Well, buy this watch. I promise nobody will ever say "oh I have one just like that." Why? Because in the entire world there is only one watch just like this. Just one. A friend of mine once called this "the quintessential art deco watch." Was he correct? Let's see. Here's what makes this watch unique:
1. the dial. When I bought this watch the original dial was almost 100% gone, so I designed this dial myself. It has some very expensive qualities like rose gold plated numbers (not raised but flat), a costly two-tone finish (rose copper and pale gold) and fine fractional second division lines all set in opposing angles. There isn't another dial like this anywhere.
2. design...this watch was one of the first ever to try waterproofing. I won't say it is waterproof, but that's what the designers were going for.
3. central second hand. At the time this watch was built, a central second hand was an engineering challenge. Three tiny shafts (two inside one larger one) moving at different rates of speed was a new idea.
4. combining gold and stainless steel...while the designers only did this at the strap lug area, it was also a newish thought at the time.
5. this watch has an incabloc movement designed to absorb shock without damage to sensitive shafts. That was an expensive addition to production as it took more time to include in the movement.
Who's Homis? The Homis Watch Co was the creation of Oiser Schymansky in the 1920s. It was a Swiss company and operated until the 1960s as I recall.
This watch runs well and keeps good time. It is in a rose gold filled or plated case with a stainless steel back (monogrammed by F. Cinci at some point). The colors of the dial were designed to compliment the rose gold, actually. I wore this watch all over the USA and people commented on it frequently. The gold on the case shows nearly no wear and the crystal is in good condition. I'll include the fake reptile strap with it.
$100 plus the actual cost of postage. PayPal is ok for foreign buyers but check, cash or money order for people in the USA, please.
If questions, please ask.