The main use of the atl will be for c41 120, probably a couple hundred rolls per year (or more), so buying bulk is rather appealing.
In the UK you have tenetal 5L 2 bath c-41, and 3 bath E-6, those are some of the best and easiest to use materials out there, and in most cases can be used as one shot for safety's sake, without sacrificing capacity of the kit (easy to save just the blix and re use, though its harder to find just the developer).
We sell a 5L and 10 L c-41 3 bath kit, but the shipping cost overseas is prohibitive. Tenetal is your best bet.
Well, the beast has arrived!
Lots of extras included, submergible heater, external water pump, 2x15L float top tanks, 3 drums.
Did 3 full wash cycles last night and everything appeared to work OK.
There's some white residue in chemical bottle 2 that the clean hasn't cleared up, any recommendations for an agent to help it?
Chemicals & Durst UT100 arrive tomorrow :)
Just leave it alone, its most likely old fixer, you can clean it all you want and it will just come back again with use.
Here's a poor photo of the residue:
My new to me UT100
And running an E6 process with just water to test the water jacket heater (also using external pump):
So, not wishing to put potassium permanganate through my machine I decided it was simplest to just swap the number 2 and 6 bottles over. I'm highly unlikely to use a 6 bath process for quite some time so this seemed like the simplest option.
Here are the screws that need removing to allow access to the pipework and bottles, they're ringed in green:
Next the drain cock handle needs to come off, it just lifted out on mine:
Here's what the exposed pipework and bottles look like:
The removed bottles - I disconnected the smaller reclamation system tubes, and pulled the entire large feed pipes including gromets out of the bottles - the gromets were pretty 'stuck on' and I didn't want to tear them or risk breaking anything through brute force:
Lid removed, it's just held on by a small screw on the collar - you can see how gunked up the bottle is:
The dirty lid and collar:
And after a scrub:
Here's a gromet after removing with the help of some liquid soap, this was then reinserted in the bottle top prior to inserting the chemical feed tube:
All back together:
Good work! the residual material would have been eventually washed out by the bleach (and replaced with other deposits...) but this is an easy fix to this issue, nicely done!