Well then you're good to go. Do bracket exposure and development the first time. What you do is expose in strips, then cut the film perpendicular to those strips and develop those for rather different times e.g. N-2, N, N+2. Compare the results by contact printing and then you'll have the right exposure/dev combo from one test. Note that you may be printing to grade 2 or 1, that seems to be where I wind up when I do this. So you will probably want multigrade paper for starters.
The main problem you can have is highlight transitions being too fast. If your E6 film has blown highlights then there isn't much you can do to get them into the b&w film, but in some cases I like the effect (I posted some examples in the galleries)... and if you are really skilled then you can hand-dodge the highlights!
Great advice. Thanks!
P.S. I found the link to one of the examples that I posted... this is from [somewhat blown] astia duped to tmax and printed to MGIV gr. 2 (yes, apparently I was attempting to use the products of every remaining film company on the planet....)
That would be my suggestion too. Obviously, it gives you a smaller negative than an enlarger created film but if you are more used to working with small negatives then this may be a better method.
Originally Posted by Ektagraphic
IIRC Maco in Europe do this as well. Like the Dia-Direkt film, not the most sensitive of emulsions, but if you're printing this isn't an issue. Just be aware that there is only one grade, so if you hanker for playing with multigrade paper or fibre, you're going to have to make an interneg to play with.
Originally Posted by StorminMatt
Note O/T, For Hybrid-alt process, a B&W laser printer and OHP acetate (Heat resistant naturally) do make a perfectly good interneg for stuff like Gum bichromate. Thats how I started trying out alt-process without risking decent, once in a lifetime LF negs