Ohh this forum is a wonderful thing!
I can't tell you folks how much I appreciate all the advise.
One of my jobs involves replacing industrial sump pumps, built about three times as heavy as home use units. I end up with a pile of running pumps that are not quite good enough to re-use but should work perfectly well to pump out a darkroom sink sump. I'm going to have a sink after all!
Yes!! My darkroom is in a mostly finished basement in a corner where the waste water pipes are. I had a laundry sink installed with a "Little Giant" up pump and it's been completely satisfactory for water use as long as I don't run water above 100+ degrees for more than a minute or two. When I first used the pump, I often ran scalding water to clean trays etc. and that ruined the membrane that triggered the pump. After getting a new pump, I had learned my lesson, and all has been well since. Good luck!
Originally Posted by Red Tractors
Went to the home center today and picked up an exhaust fan and a laundry sink. There is a basement window in a convenient location that I can block off with a section of plywood to hold the vents. I'll probably end up running two fans. I also have a blower from a De-humidifier that I am going to modify to provide filtered air into the darkroom area.
Things are slowly coming together, I'm trying to do things (mostly) right the first time. Should be hauling home an ancient Omega D-II in a week or so to handle the 4X5 work.
Went to Cleveland yesterday and brought home a pile of mostly used up gear bought for $20 on e-bay, but I did end up with most of an Omega B-22, 11X14 trays, easels and misc. A lot of it went to the junk sadly, just too bad to save. I do almost have a complete 35mm (to 6X6) enlarger now.
One of my instructors at the college sold me her Kodak process thermometer and two more trays.
Still working on getting the D-II.
Your B22 is a 6x6 enlarger.
Just a warning. Gathering missing parts can get expensive, sometimes VERY expensive. I'm going thru that right now with 2 enlargers. The missing parts has doubled the cost of the enlargers. And some parts are just plain HARD to find. So when you get an enlarger, get as much of the parts that go with it as you can. Sometimes it is just a matter of the seller looking into another box for the missing parts.
Get the manual for the enlarger first, then study it, so you know what parts you will need to look for when you pick up the enlarger. And do an inventory of the enlarger and parts. And look for damage. Replacing broken parts will be like missing parts, more $$$ cost.
Look for the parts like the various lens cones for the D-II, negative carriers, and condenser lenses (if separated from the enlarger like on my Durst L1000 and Omega 67).
Originally Posted by ac12
I knew that, not sure why I typed 35mm.. A= 35mm, B=6X6 C= 6X9 D= 4X5 etc...
Realistically, the only thing wrong with the B-22 is one damaged condenser lens, I think everything else is there. Just not in the correct order.
Thankfully at least it came with a lens board and negative holder.
C = 6x7
To do 6x9 you have to use a 4x5 enlarger.
I think the B22 lensboard needs a retaining ring to hold the lens. If so, I would keep an eye out for a 2nd lens board. That way you don't have to deal with the retaining ring when swapping lenses on the lens board. Have one lensboard with a 50 and the other with an 80mm lens, mounted and ready to go.
All, (ok, most) of the junk has been moved out of the 7' X7' hole in the corner of the basement that I am constructing the darkroom in. Still need to clean the heck out of everything and rig up a ceiling to try and limit dust precipitation.
I sacrificed a half finished tinker-tubes style softbox projects for it's 1/2 PVC pipe and used it to start constructing the wall, it's beyond crude, but it's a step above just hanging the black plastic from the rafters. Also picked up the 1-1/2" pipe for the drain.
I have a new-ish de-humidifyer running in the basement. I am going to start saving the water it collects in jugs to use to mix chemicals. My tap water (well) is insanely hard and has to be run through a softener.
A friend of mine suggested working on the physical installation first before I chase down any more equipment. So that is my current focus.