Well I tore the top off of the ATL-3 today and figured out that the drain bits were broken and/or missing. Bummer. I disassembled the drain, went to the local fix-it store and bought a bunch of drain parts. I can plumb it to my standard downpipe from the sink fairly easily, and will do that tomorrow. I am thinking for now I will just put a drain plug in the tempering bath and have plans to put an in-line ball valve in the drain from the tempring bath. I'm actually relieved that I've found out that this was all bunged up, now I have a plan and the parts to execute. Stay tuned...(if you care).
I have the machine plumbed hot and cold, drain is plumbed, power is on, drain is fixed (a drain plug for now...), and everything is good to go. Tomorrow I'll start programming the thing and running it through it's paces.
Michael, is this a school lab, or commercial?
I'm guessing school, cause there's only 23c's in there. most schools used them from what I've found... most(if not all) commercial labs I've come across(at least here in LA/San Diego/Santa Barbara all have at least a 4x5 if not an 8x10 capability.
That's if they're still doing optical enlargements :O
One of the darkrooms at school. We have 15 35mm enlargers in that darkroom. We have a second darkroom that has 13 4x5 enlargers in it. It also has an 8x10 Elwood in there too. We also have a third darkroom just for film processing and alt. processes. We have a fourth darkroom for loading film, and a fifth darkroom for cutting negatives. We have a large and a small digital lab. I have the good fortune of running the place along with a colleague of mine. We teach a very rich and diverse curriculum.
I'm having a hard time troubleshooting this thing a bit. I have it programmed and have run it through the cycle several times. I have set the bottles as full, and have set the required fluid amount to 1800. When I run the cycle the first bottle only get about 200-300ml drained. The grommet for the air line is a little loose, but it seems that it should be pumping a LOT more chemistry into the bottle than it is. I can seal off the leak pretty well, but it still isn't pumping enough chemistry.
I'm consulting the manual today... :(
There could be several problems, but it is mainly air leaking.
In the upper motor house there is a rotation device for distribution of the pressured air, there can be air leaking.
See part Nine of: http://www.jobo.com/jobo_service_ana...etins/b014.htm
The switch between the air of the front and back bottles, located on the left at the back row of bottles, that can be air leaking.
The simplest to check is the switch of air between front and back bottles.
See part Seven of: http://www.jobo.com/jobo_service_ana...etins/b014.htm
Take it apart and put a little bit of grease on the rubber O rings.
Or if you do not use the back bottles, connect the incoming air hoses directly to the air hoses that connect to the front bottles. (but let the switch there, otherwise an error will occur because of an electrical switch in the air switch)
Fix the air leaks and you will have full quantity of chemicals.
When I was messing with the drain, I actually had to remove the lift head from the base. When I did that I dissasembled that bottle selection switch. I knew there was potential for a problem there, and so I tried to reassemble it properly. Clearly if that is something you are thinking of without even knowing what I have done points me to that switch. I can use some silicone and fix the fitting at the air bottle. I will find some grease and lubricate those O-rings upon dissassembly.
I'll consult those .html files you linked to and see if they have any other suggestions.
Thanks again Mike!
EDIT: Interestingly enough, I had enough smarts (knock on wood!) to figure out running a wet test program on my own. It makes me happy to know I figured out a factory test procedure accidentally on my own! :^)
Silicon is all you need to fix air and fluid leaks in the ATL, and for sealing the lower motorhead.
Look also for missing O-rings, and if you do not use the back bottles just connect the incoming air hoses to the front bottle air hoses.
A simple and accurate solution.
A lot of info can be found at: http://www.jobo.com/jobo_service_analog/
I plan on using the rear bottles for E-6, so I want that switch to work. I have been learning a lot from that old JOBO site. Too bad it's not easier to find.