Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,834   Posts: 1,582,396   Online: 897

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    There are two that have snow and a train! I don't know if this box was a 'greatest hits' collection or if it was one trip– no way of researching it either. By the time this box got to the dollar table, it had been around the block a few times. The Rio guess echoes my own, but my understanding of that city is right up there with my understanding of Recife!

I printed a couple of them today on 11 x 14 paper. They were obviously taken with a pretty good lens. There isn't any noticeable distortion and some look to have been hand-held shots. More research is certainly necessary... maybe I can get a grant.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I don't know. That American building looks to have been taken with a much better camera, lens, film and even photographer than the others. The exposure is perfect, the grain non-existent, contrast perfect. none of the huge mess-ups of the others.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I think I have found the other Brazilian city that is pictured on these plates. I did it by Googling "Nazareth Trolley line, Brazil". I got hits for Savador, Bahia, the first capital and one of the oldest cities in the country. The images I found have much to recommend them as the place shown on my plates. Add to that the fact that Salvador is just down the coast from Recife and I think we have a winner.

Now to figure out the date and the other cities pictured in this box!

eh... perhaps I should do something productive?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin