Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,940   Posts: 1,585,694   Online: 1007

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Shooter
    35mm RF
    Quote Originally Posted by Worker 11811 View Post
    I have 42 Brownie cameras:

My general plan is to keep the best example of each for display then choose a second example to take out and shoot. The rest I want to find homes for but it's hard to know where to look or who to ask.
    It's not necessarily about the money or trade value of the cameras but it's more about finding somebody who appreciates them for what they are. There are so few people who even understand what they are, let alone what they are worth.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
    Hi Randy,

I have two absolutely flawless Brownies; a Flash Six-20 (with original large and unwieldy flash attachment, including bulb) and Target Six-16. My other Kodaks are a mint Duaflex "I" and a beautifully pristine 1917 Autographic 1A which truly looks like it has never been used before.

Getting back to the Brownies, I am wondering if someone could please provide some insight as to which models are known to have the best image quality? (assuming of course that some were better than others) I am looking forward to using all four of my Kodaks this summer for capturing my Fogo Island landscapes.

I became positively "hooked" on Brownies when my grandmother gave her lovely Duaflex I to me when I was just a young boy, some 40 years ago. I don't know what became of it; just disappeared one day. I recently purchased one identical to it and in perfect shape, both cosmetically and mechanically. A beautiful little camera.

Randy, if you are serious about parting with some of your Brownies, I would love to purchase from you. I am only interested in collecting Brownies that are in pristine condition, and yes, I would indeed be wanting to actually use them. If you have any in great shape that you may wish to part with, please get back to me by email or PM, and we can discuss it further.

Glen

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I don't collect brownies but I have a Brownie Vecta from the early 1970s.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	vecta.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	15.4 KB 
ID:	54506This was my first camera when I was twelve and I used it until the Instamatics came out and the cost of photography fell drastically. I recently put of roll of 127 film from EFKE through it - currently waiting for the film to come back from the developers.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    I don't collect them but I have two box models that I've adapted to wet plate.

Paul

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    No but I collect their mothers.....
    www.ericrose.com
    yourbaddog.com

"civility is not a sign of weakness" JFK

"The Dude abides" - the Dude

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Over here Brownie's are pastries... A new-german term that recently came over from the US.

Aside of camera collectors no-one will think of cameras. And so far I only saw 1 Kodak Brownie at flea-markets. And that encounter was not even in Germany, but in Belgium.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I just won my 6th... YAYYYYY!! Which is actually like my 12th considering all the others that I've sold in recent months! LOL

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I don't collect them, but I have a No. 3 Brownie box (3 f-stops, 2 shutter speeds), still working. It took great pictures on 122 film when you could still get it. Can't beat a 3-1/4 x 4-1/4 in. negative.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I have a box of them. I think there are 4 or 5 that I got from my Uncle's estate. Some appear to work, others, well, not so well. I should see if I can get a spool and give a few of them a go.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin