Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,712   Posts: 1,482,999   Online: 790

Shooter
    Med. Format Pan

New Toy: ICA NIXE need help identifying sheet/plate holders

Just picked this beauty up off evilbay, I believe it is a 595/1 camera.It takes 122 film and its in great shape. It came with a combination back and a number of sheet/plate holders, ground glass insert and a pack film holder.The plate holders are numbered 721/6,the film pack holder is numbered 723/6 and the ground glass insert is either 639/1 or G39/1. There was included with one of the plate holders a film sheath which measures 3 7/16" wide by 4 9/16" long and has a semi-circular cutout in the top right corner. Is this the right sheath for these holders?.

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks,

Doug

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    I've got a number of ICA slide-in holders, two of which are pictured below. One is stamped 721/6 and the other is stamped 722/6 but both have the same dimensions and fit all of my 9x12 cameras that take this kind of holder. They both measure 10cm wide and 15cm tall (exclusive of the dark slide lip). The film sheaths I have for them are pretty much 9x12cm, or 3.54" x 4.72". Hope this helps. Sorry, but I don't have a Nixe myself. I've been shooting lots of 9x12 lately, though. Fun format and I love these old German folders.

Jonathan

Shooter
    Med. Format Pan
    Jcoldslabs:Thanks for replying. If that is the case, that they will take 9x12 cm film, I've got a Zeiss Maximar 207/7 with plates holders that have film sheaths. Maybe they will fit these holders.

I'll try the film sheaths tonight to see if they fit.

Doug

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    9x12 film sheaths are interchangeable between different plate holders as they just fit in like a 9x12 glass plate whioch unlike the holders was standard.

Rollex 120 backs are another useful accesory they were made with various edge fittings for 9x12 cameras, I bought a very rusty looking one for £1 ($1.60) last weekend and it's already restored

Ian

Shooter
    Med. Format Pan

New Toy: ICA Nixe need help identifying sheet/plate holders

Ian: Thanks for that info. I also have a Rollex roll film back for my Maximar 207/7. Both the film sheath and the roll film back should fit my Nixe? Well that is a great relief. I won't have to scour the planet looking for them.I've already got them.

Thanks again

Doug

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin