Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,767   Posts: 1,484,172   Online: 874

Shooter
    Med. Format Pan

Zeiss Ikon Inos red windows

I picked up this camera before christmas and am just now getting around to using it. My question for whomever can answer it is which of the red windows, and there are two of them, do I use when shooting with this camera?. I've tried locating a user manual but no luck. The camera takes 116 film which I have a couple of rolls of colour neg spooled from 70 mm film.

Thanks,

Doug

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Voigtlander made an Inos, I can't remember coming accross a Zeiss Ikon Inos. The roll film cameras I have with two windows can shoot two formats with a mask change.

Ian

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I have a couple of folders with 2 red windows, they shoot 2 sizes, 1 shoots 6/8 and 6/6 with a nask and the other shoots 6/6 or 645 with built in masks, with 120 filmRichard

Quote Originally Posted by spoolman View Post
    I picked up this camera before christmas and am just now getting around to using it. My question for whomever can answer it is which of the red windows, and there are two of them, do I use when shooting with this camera?. I've tried locating a user manual but no luck. The camera takes 116 film which I have a couple of rolls of colour neg spooled from 70 mm film.

Thanks,

Doug
    I'm not aware of a Voigtlander Inos in 116 format.Not aware of a ZI Inos
    Mark
    Mark Layne
    Nova Scotia
    and Barbados

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by spoolman View Post

Thanks,

Doug
    Probably You mean Voigtländer Inos II http://camerapedia.wikia.com/wiki/Voigtländer_Inos_II
    2.Version: dual format 6.5x11cm and 5.5x6.5cm on 116 film by reducing mask (uncommon)
    I have never heard of Zeiss Ikon inos but I guess its never too late

Shooter
    Med. Format Pan

Zeiss Ikon Inos red windows

Sorry about getting the camera manufacturer wrong. It is indeed a Voigtlander Inos II.I am guessing the window closest to the middle of the camera back is for the 2 1/2 x 4 1/4 neg format on 116 film. Reading the Camerapedia entry it is the dual format model without the mask for the 5.5 x 6.5 cm neg format.

Doug

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Good to hear, You've got Yourself quite a beauty!

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin