Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,939   Posts: 1,557,400   Online: 978

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Near Tavistock, Devon, on the edge of Dartmoor.
    Shooter
    35mm
    Yes, I always buy old negs when I see them. It's strange looking into the lives of people you don't know and trying to imagine who they were and what they were doing and a little disconcerting reflecting on the fact that many are probably long dead.
    Steve

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Other than the inherited family negatives going back to the 1920's I don't have many negatives from other people.
    Years ago I cleaned out the studio of a photographer who was moving to a new location. Among the things left behind were many Cirkut negatives showing how San Diego looked in the 40's & 50's.

Shooter
    Medium Format

old negatives for sale

Hi,<BR><BR>If anyone is interested, I have thousands of 1950's and 1960's original color and black and white&nbsp;2 1/4" x 2 1/4" negatives.&nbsp; Images taken by contributing photographer to Life Magazine.

CGW

Shooter
    Medium Format

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by mjfinalshot View Post
    Hi,<BR><BR>If anyone is interested, I have thousands of 1950's and 1960's original color and black and white&nbsp;2 1/4" x 2 1/4" negatives.&nbsp; Images taken by contributing photographer to Life Magazine.
    Maybe next Vivian Maier ? You should not break the collection - see if you can scan some and try to find out value of the whole collection - it could be higher than you think.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    ...I'd LOVE to, but I'm backlogged on my own stuff, so I find it hard to justify printing something else.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Stereo Slides... I collect old stereo slides. I have thousands..some in obvious sets..some just misc... some as salesman sets.

I also collect old negs and prints when I come across them - have some cool glass plates as well as circuit prints and negs

recently found a whole box of exposed but undeveloped 120 tri-x rolls at an estate sale

gotta develop those one of these days

also..I bought an old kodak folder once that had an exposed roll in it..I developed it and it showed some army guy on leave circa WW2
    that was kinda cool

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I find it quite interesting to rescue and take care of old negatives. In fact, I prefer negatives to photographs. That's what I call FoundFilm. I tend to favor the older glass negatives, I pretend to be an amateur curator

Of course I never miss to develop old rolls found in second hand cameras, and on top of that I enjoy trying to discover the places where they were taken (identifying people is beyond my capabilities as a PI )

These pictures are part of an undeveloped roll that came inside an old folder. It was made at Kodak's England factory around 1957 (although I'd say pictures are from late 60's or early 70's) and depicts St. James beach, in Barbados. I've never been physically there myself.

This is also part of the roll:

And this can be found on the internet:

For those who didn't know, it is possible to date and place the manufacturing of old Kodak rolls:

http://historicphotoarchive.com/f1/ekcode.html

Shooter
    Large Format
    I swam off St Jamea beach in the early 1970's. I worked at the Leper colony across the road. They rang the bell when the patients were going to come out to swim off the beach. I expect the site of the Leper colony is a fancy hotel now.
    "There are a great many things I am in doubt about at the moment, and I should consider myself favoured if you would kindly enlighten me. Signed, Doubtful, off to Canada." (BJP 1914).

Regards
    Bill

Shooter
    4x5 Format

old life negatives

Quote Originally Posted by mjfinalshot View Post
    what was your asking price.........??

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin