Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,860   Posts: 1,583,140   Online: 868

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    I try not to buy too many, as I can only use one at a time. I like quality coupled with interesting designs, but it must be usable. Sometimes I put one roll of film through it, to assess it and then sell it on.

“The contemplation of things as they are, without error or confusion, without substitution or imposture, is in itself a nobler thing than a whole harvest of invention”

Francis Bacon

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I definitely am the bottom feeder.
    I have a glass display bookshelf, suited to hold about 50-60 cameras.
    It usually holds 25-40.

I buy at estate auctions and garage sales, and rarely pay more than $20 for an old consumer grade RF, or SLR 35mm.
    I also have a reasonable number of old cameras gifted to me.

I fix them up, shoot a roll at a minimum, and then display them as a pool of workable display cameras.

I do try to sell then off annually at a swap meet, or give them to people interested in getting into or back into film.
    my real name, imagine that.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Wilde View Post
    ....or give them to people interested in getting into or back into film.

I'm interested in getting into, or back into film. I'm very interested...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    PM me in 6 weeks or so and I will get a lsit together of what did not sell at the swap meet. Then we can talk the cost of packing and mailing the things of interest to you. They are usually quite basic cameras. I get kind of turned off of full blown system cameras when I want to pcik up something new to me and try to breath a fresh eye into my picture taking with them.
    my real name, imagine that.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Wilde View Post
    I get kind of turned off of full blown system cameras when I want to pcik up something new to me and try to breath a fresh eye into my picture taking with them.

I'm having more fun with Polaroids, Brownies, and Certo Phots than I am with anything else. I haven't touched either of my SLR systems in what seems like months now...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I buy cameras that work and I will use. If I end up not using a camera, I sell it and move on.

I do not have an interest in filling cabinets with camera that are shelf queens.
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

I don't collect cameras either. People give me cameras on occasion or I stumble across something, but there's no serious collecting going on. Most of the gifted cameras are pretty useless and will end up being given away or sold. One of these days.

Peter Gomena

Shooter
    35mm
    I only buy cameras that work and are generally $25 or less to buy unless I really want it badly enough.

The only non-working cameras I acquire are ones that are given to me on occasion.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    My modest collection consists of cameras I have used in the past. Most still work and I can't seem to part with them. I don't buy cameras just to have one on the shelf. Some of the old users are taken out to shoot with from time to time for the sake of nostalgia.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    For me a camera must be a working camera, able to earn it's keep, I buy cameras as and when I can afford one or one catch's my eye, and I like either German or English (Ensign) cameras, cosmetic condition doesn't matter that much but they must be good usable pieces of equipment.
    Richard

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin