Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,202   Posts: 1,531,566   Online: 1121

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

incredible collection moving to Canada

I was just sent word of the sale, for $15 million, of the Matt Isenburg collection of early photographica to a Canadian organization called the AMC. Since all of the folk in this story are or were members of the Photographic Historical Society of New England (PHSNE), I was on the list to be notified. I thought I'd share the news. Get ready Toronto, here it comes!

Just released information discloses that the Matthew R. Isenburg Collection of early photography has sold to the Archive of Modern Conflict (AMC) for a record $15 million, and has now been moved to its new home in Toronto, Canada where a new museum facility is being designed for its future display. This is the most significant, and historically important, sale of photographic material of the last 50 years; a deal that was conceived and brokered by vintage photography dealer, Greg French, of Jamaica Plain, Massachusetts.

The full press release is attached, in case anyone is interested. Jack Naylor, also mentioned in the article for having sold $8 million in gear and images some time ago, was one of the founders of PHSNE.

And here is a link for the press release from AMC
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Whiteymorange; 07-09-2012 at 11:19 AM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: added information

Shooter
    Large Format
    He definitely has the best collection I've ever seen, and the most knowledge.

CGW

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Think it's all going to be archived at Ryerson University in Toronto. Some pix and a bit of background here:

http://phsc.ca/camera/wp-content/upl...Mail-V12-5.pdf

AMC is a bit of a mystery. The whole affair seems to have escaped any press notice in Toronto.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    That makes sense as Mike Robinson works as a teacher there.

Quote Originally Posted by CGW View Post
    Think it's all going to be archived at Ryerson University in Toronto. Some pix and a bit of background here:

http://phsc.ca/camera/wp-content/upl...Mail-V12-5.pdf

AMC is a bit of a mystery. The whole affair seems to have escaped any press notice in Toronto.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin