Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,668   Posts: 1,481,749   Online: 869

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Got Lucky with a 5x7..

Sometimes you get lucky...just won this on ebay http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=3857511413

Looks to be in good shape, any comments.

Now to find a lens for it after I find the funds for the lens.
    Mike C

Rambles

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Well other than I'm jealous, it looks a beauty and Congratulations Mike I can't think of any helpful comments. I guess you could use it as a pinhole camera until you score a lens LOL

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hey I think I paid 127.50 for my Ansco 5x7-) 5x7 is great. Just to find the enlarger.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Nice catch! I have an Eastman #2 (different lensboard and mounting) that I picked up about 15 years ago and has been in constant use since. They're nice cameras IF you don't need any front movements other than rise. I use mine primarily for portrait work. My camera came with the extension rail and the sliding block to balance the camera. You'll want to at least find or make the block mechanism which is a simple matter to make, but check ebay as they show up often enough.

You'll want to upgrade the groundglass if it still has a stock one in place. Get yourself a Satin Snow, it makes a huge difference. BTW - I had a new bellows made earlier this year by Western Bellows. It took a few extra weeks, but it was worth the wait - they do a great job.

I have a page on my website about making a box lens board for the Eastman to allow easy mounting of barrel lenses in front of Packard shutters without mods to the camera. I use mine with a 12" Artar and a 14" R.D. Artar for portraiture. You can see it here.
    Bob Fowler
    fowler@verizon.net
    Some people are like Slinkies. They're really good for nothing, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick Zentena
    Hey I think I paid 127.50 for my Ansco 5x7-) 5x7 is great. Just to find the enlarger.
    I have two Durst enlargers. One is a model 138 and the other a 138 S. Both have the condensors for 5X7 format as they are now equipped. Both have the three lens turrets. Message me if you are interested in either of these.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Congratulations Mike. This should be a good camera. Look forward to seeing images from this.

lee
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    that 150mm you bought last Sat ought to work on this camera. We can make a lens board at the shop/darkroom when you want. Just let me know.

lee\c

roy
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Nice. I hope we get to see some of the images you take with it.
    Roy Groombridge.

Cogito, ergo sum.
    (Descartes)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Now we really have to go out shooting, Mike, our 5x7's together almost equal Lee's 8x10
    Let's see what I've got in the magic trash can for Mateo!

blog
    website

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hey Thanks for the kind words guys...May not show, but I am a little pumped about the camera. The price was where I hoped to find one, now to order some film and will see about mounting that 150 on a board for it Lee. Already have a couple of wood film holders so should be set by the time the camera gets here.

Don't recall if I have mentioned it here or not, but the camera fits into a project I am hoping to get done - which was take a 100 +/- yo camera and locate some 100 +/- yo churches and produce a series of 5x7 contact prints (maybe silver - AZO and Palladium - Ziatypes?) with a print from the outside and inside of each. Have located a few buildings already and with any luck can get interviews with members or ex-members that will recall what the area used to be like.
    Mike C

Rambles

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin