Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,713   Posts: 1,483,017   Online: 668

Shooter
    Large Format

Korrelle K 1932 Dresdan Camera

Hello,

I am new to this group and I have a question. Does anyone on this forum know how to open a Korelle K camera. It was made in Dresdan Germany in 1932-1933.
    I have found this camera on auctions sites -it is the brown /red Bakalie half frame camera. I have searched the web and even ordered an old review of this camera from Great Britain. Yet, no instructions on how to open it. Usually this is not a problem for me. Went to Butcus (sp) and also have searched the web. I found photographs but no manuals. There is film in this camera that i would like to develop but just do not know how to open the camera.

I'll post this also on the half frame camera forum. The serial number is 2568305. The lens appears to be uncoated and is marked as Schneider- Krouznach No. 5234531 Xenar F 3.5

I would be very grateful for information dealing with the opening of the camera.

Thank you,

chastings

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Welcome to APUG.

Would you please post photographs of the camera?
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    35mm
    I looked online quick and didn't find a picture that showed each end of the camera very well, but it reminds me of one I just got (Konishiroku Pearl) in that there's a lever (I guess that's what I'd call it) that slides up and then the camera back pops open.

If you post a picture that would be a help; I've bought cameras that had a particular feature that I had trouble figuring out, but eventually did.
    Sharon

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Korelle (3×4)
    The Kochmann Korelle 3×4 camera was a little folding camera for 3×4cm exposure format. Nowadays it reminds us of modern compact cameras despite of it's heavyweight cute metal body which is covered with leather or leatherette. As a viewfinder the camera has two frames which unfold into view-through position by pressing the camera's unfolding button. A version with a little optical viewfinder and an accessory shoe was available.
    Year of release: 1931 (or 1930?)
    Manufacturer: Franz Kochmann
    Film Format: 3×4 cm
    Type: folder camera with simple two frame viewfinder
    Shutter: Compur shutter (by F. Deckel, Munich), exposure times 1 sec. down to 1/300 sec.
    Lens: Schneider-Kreuznach Radionar 1:3.5/5cm
    Aperture: 3.5 to 16
    Dimensions: circa 12 x 7.5 x 4 cm (folded)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	korelle2.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	49.4 KB 
ID:	54759

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    May be your camera is similar to above ?

or this ?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	korelle.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	136.2 KB 
ID:	54760

Umut
    Last edited by Mustafa Umut Sarac; 08-02-2012 at 05:29 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    hmm. picture in mckeown's does't look like any of the shown -- simple molded bakelite camera but sometimes fitted with leica lenses?, Looking at the prices for those things I'd say you want to be very careful about messing with it.

i am going to guess -- the pic in mckeown's doesn't show enough -- that the bottom comes off somehow, a la Leica. Should be a small switch there, or push button or something. If you can't figure it out by gentle pushing and nudging, set it on the shelf and find a different camera to shoot with.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    chastings

the back of the camera shows a button ( under the exposure guide )
    maybe the button is pressed and the back /sides of the camera slide off
    (the towards the bottom ). the site didn't show the sides very well
    sometimes the strap clip sides up and the back is hinged.

good luck !
    john

Shooter
    Large Format

Korrelle K Camera

Quote Originally Posted by Sirius Glass View Post
    Welcome to APUG.

Would you please post photographs of the camera?
    Firstly, I wish to apologize for not sending photos of the camera first. I took some pictures today and will attach them.
    Secondly, I just found an answer to my question which was "How does one open the camera?" There is a gentleman on Ebay selling one-or he was-and I asked him if he knew how to open his. He did not at first but said he would notify me if he found out. He just responded with the following instructions:“You loosen that screw, then hold it facing down and the bottom towards you. Use your thumbs to push down and toward you while pushing forward with your other fingers. That did the trick for me. Found a roll of film inside!- sloenich1”

Yes, I have also read that it has Leica lenses on some models but mine has a Xenar. It is a small,solid camera feeling camera and i like the round sides.
    Thank you all for your time. I hope the pictures of this camera help. I'll put up photographs taken with it if the camera works

chstings1904
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Backcropped Korrelle K.jpg   FrontKorrellecropfront.jpg  

Shooter
    Large Format
    The directions worked. The camera film cassette used isin Agfa Isopan F DIN 17/10 Feinkorn Kleinkorn Klienbildfilm Made in Germany This is a reuable cassette that had been cut to fit a standard 35mm cassette. It contained a cassette or 200 ASA Target film. Now that I can flip up the metal film holderup, I was able to check it at all speeds. Seems to work well.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin